Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - what garmins have the Globalsat Sirf Star III software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

what garmins have the Globalsat Sirf Star III software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notorious19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: what garmins have the Globalsat Sirf Star III software Reply with quote

looking to buy a new sat nav as got one on pocket pc at the moment and i was just wondering what garmins have Globalsat Sirf Star III gps software as i heard that this is the best for not gettin loss of signal and so on, but dont know what garmins have it ? so can anyone help please

thanks
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that any of the Garmin units have SiRF Star III. I am hoping that they will update the eTrex Vista C soon. Then I will replace my eTrex Legend as I always seem to need guidance when under trees Crying or Very sad

Richard
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: what garmins have the Globalsat Sirf Star III software Reply with quote

notorious19 wrote:
what garmins have Sirf Star III

Welcome

As far as I know, only the Nüvi has.

http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi/
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy is quite right the Nuvi has SiRF Star III but watch the Garmin website as I was told today at the PocketGPSWorld Basingstoke meet that more are on the way :D
Melker63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldie wrote:
I don't think that any of the Garmin units have SiRF Star III. I am hoping that they will update the eTrex Vista C soon. Then I will replace my eTrex Legend as I always seem to need guidance when under trees Crying or Very sad

Dont dispair. :P Surf to below address and scroll further down: http://gpstracklog.typepad.com/gps_tracklog/garmin/index.html

Quote: "New Garmin Receivers with Expandable Memory and SiRF Chipset
On Thanksgiving afternoon, reports started showing up on the Yahoo 60CS and Groundspeak GPS message boards, about a new line of Garmin receivers. Initial reports referenced pages on Basspro.com for the following models:

GPSMap 60 Cx
GPSMap 60 CSx
GPSMap 76 Cx
GPSMap 76 CSx
Legend Cx
Vista Cx

The 60 and 76 series models list (according to Bass Pro Shops) that they use the SiRF chipset, presumably the SiRFstarIII. All the units include a TransFlash data card of anywhere from 32 to 128 MB.

One poster said:

I just spoke to a Bass Pro Shop representative and she told me it is a brand new item. Bass Pro Shops will be receiving their first shipment the first week of December!

If this schedule is true, we should be seeing a press release from Garmin in the near future. Stay tuned...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: