Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tt3 with hp6340
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tt3 with hp6340

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadhog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: tt3 with hp6340 Reply with quote

has anyone tried tt3 with the new hp6340? i would like to buy the new 6340 but am a bit worried about the slow processor, 200mh compared to the 400mh of my 2210, which slows up something rotton on roundabouts.i use tt3 & 2210 daily for my job (40,000 miles p/a) and regularly in france. FANTASTIC. tt cradle is neat and tidy and easily transferable between car and van. bit dubious of whats on offer for hp6340.
any comments (i have read darren's review of a few months ago)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 63xx Works fine with TTN3, TTN4, and TTN5. You will not want to run many other programs in the background, but media player is definitely ok at the same time. A while back I wrote a review on the 6315. Have a read.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
sony23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I can say it does work on my 6365 that is the uk version of the 6315
roadhog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which mount and gps aerial are you using.seidio g2500 looks like a good mount but wondering if it will take my tt hardwire aerial?.
does ttn slow up on roundabouts and sharp bends on yours?
if it's likely to be slower than on my 2210 then i probably won't bother as this can cause me problems in strange city's.i'll just stick to carrying around 3 phones,a pda and a laptop ( and start weightlifting)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadhog wrote:
which mount and gps aerial are you using.seidio g2500 looks like a good mount but wondering if it will take my tt hardwire aerial?.

The Seidio mount does take the tt hardwire aerial, but it's of no use - the 63xx doesn't have a serial port. You need a BT GPS.

I don't have experience with traffic circles - too few of those around here. But I don't experience any delays with TomTom (different from Navigon/Oncourse for example)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
roadhog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your input guys. i have read many reviews now on the seidio and there are far too many negative ones for my liking !!! Sad
also too many wires for my liking . i don't really want a bt gps aerial as that needs another wire to charge it and i use satnav too frequently to use batteries. tomtom mount would be perfect but i don't believe there is one on the market yet?
anyone tried a different mount/charger/gps aerial with ipaq6340?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as stated before you CANNOT use any other GPS with the 63xx. It MUST be BT. (ok, Infrared would be possible, but please ! Infrared... Rolling Eyes

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
burnsnurse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the hp6340 and use tt3 and a bt receiver. I use an orange payg sim in the pda with no problems linking to tomtom.
I highly recommend the arkon powered gps mount which will power the pda and the bt receiver. It also has an inbuilt speaker which is very clear
I got mine from ebay but they are available from Expansys

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=105885

Hope that helps
roadhog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again for advise. the lack of serial port om 6340 is outting me off, as i want to just slide it in to a car cradle or desktop charger without having to connect leads.i will look at xda2 and imate pda2 now.

ps great tip for hp2200 sound(or lack of) on tomtom, a nokia handsfree car speaker plugs straight in to the audio socket on top of the 2200 and provides more than adequate volume, even in my 3 ton van at motorway speeds with the window open !!!
pawly450
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've got a HP6315 on the way to me and previously used an HP5550 with GPS sleeve.

Is BT the only option for the 6340? Can you use an SD GPS unit? Is it practical?

In the car I use a BT car kit. How would it all work if I wanted to connect ot the BT GPS unit? would I have to turn off the car kit?
roadhog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't quote me on this but i think i read somewhere you can only use one bluetooth device at a time. i didnt buy the 6340 in the end. (got an xda) i reckon the best way to go is to get a dedicated powered cradle for the pda, that way there are no wires to connect everytime you get in the car. the holder is connected to the power supply and the gps aerial .all you do is drop the pda in and off you go.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: