Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How large an SD card for all U.S. maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How large an SD card for all U.S. maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLCPhoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: How large an SD card for all U.S. maps? Reply with quote

My TTN5 is on order (to be used with Palm TX and Delorme BlueLogger). In getting ready I wanted to know how large an SD card would be needed to hold all the U.S. maps?

Also, does anybody have any feel for whether or not a faster SD card increases performance in use? (I would think it would write faster when loading from the PC, but that's not particularly important to me).

Thanks.

Don
DLC Photography
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2GB for all states and Major Roads & Cities + Canada (Leaves about 700mb for other stuff)

With a 1GB you can get everything except the Major Roads and Canada,
DLCPhoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be putting this into use in the next few days.

Don
DLC Photography
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i think 2gbs would suffice. Where are you going in the US? I've heard that some people have had problems with the TeleAtlas maps, but I can tell you that for the trips I have taken so far, the maps were much better than expected.

have a great trip
DLCPhoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmonkey wrote:
Yeah i think 2gbs would suffice. Where are you going in the US? I've heard that some people have had problems with the TeleAtlas maps, but I can tell you that for the trips I have taken so far, the maps were much better than expected.

have a great trip

Thanks for the post. Most of my U.S. travels are in the south-east, but I'd just as soon have it all there for use at any time. Apparently the TTN5 I ordered from TigerGPS, which showed in-stock when I ordered, is not, but they say it should be in by the end of the week. Hope this doesn't lead to a prolonged lagtime.

My next big trip is actually to Costa Rica, but I suspect it's doubtful I can find PDA-compatible maps (or even PC-compatible map) to use with my BlueLogger.

Best,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: