Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dowmloading UK safety camera to Tomtom Go300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dowmloading UK safety camera to Tomtom Go300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SEN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Dowmloading UK safety camera to Tomtom Go300 Reply with quote

I recently purchased Tomtom GO300 and have tried severally to download the UK saftey camera without success. At the last minute with about 99% of the data downloaded it would complain of space, requesting a new diskette. Can someone tell me what is going on, please.

SEN
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 300 there is very little space left on the SD card. The usual recommendation is to have only 2 voices, at most, as they take about 1MB of memory each.

When evrything is loaded, you will need about 2MB free on the SD card to allow TT to work without problems.

Above all make sure you do a complete backup before you make any changes.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
SEN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Downloading Safety Camera Data to Tomtom GO300 Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice. Deleted couple of voices. Download was 99% of GPS world but was unable to complete download twice. Complains that path is too deep. Whatever that means! Bottomline is there is sufficient space but somehow download cannot be completed.

SEN
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'path is too deep' message is a part of Windows. When you Copy/Paste in Windows the OS needs to Store the location of the files as a String of Text. If the Folder and/or File Names are long and the there are a number of Sub-Folders this can exceed the String capacity.

Create a Folder that is in the Root of the PC's Hard Drive, and then Unzip the files to it. Try a Copy/Paste from there.

SEN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Downloading Uk safety camera database to Tomtom GO300 Reply with quote

Unzipped file ballons from 2.1kb to over 12kb which brings me back to my original situation. The file becomes too big to be copied into TT. I am sad to report that despite my best efforts, I am unable to load the gps safety camera data file into GO300. Nonetheless, thanks for your support.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much free space have you got on the SD card? All data files will increase in size when unzipped, which is why they are zipped in the first place.

The total size of the camera files is less than 250KB so should be no problem fitting on card, if you only have 1 or 2 voices.

Have you tried unzipping them as I suggested earlier.

SEN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Downlaoding UK Safety Camera to Totom GO Reply with quote

I now have one voice as advised I deleted all other voices, except the ofcourse the female voice chrisetened Natalie. I unzipped the file noticed the increase size but proceeded to copy and paste in the UK Map directory as asdvised copied a few files then complained about lack of space. I would be quite happy to send you the SD since I would like to download the pocket gps database, if possible. I would break with protocol and issue my email address @ mail@redhair.org.uk with details of address to send SD.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: