Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - sprite backup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

sprite backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: sprite backup Reply with quote

I have a Ipaq 2210 with its own backup prog.installed would there be any advantage in buying sprite backup prog. or is my Ipaq's own back up good enough for keeping tom tom 5.1 fully covered.as I have not had the need to use my backup yet .so I do not want to find that when the need arises I am left up the creek with out a paddle.
thanks guys
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iPAQ backup program is a simplified version of Sprite, but far less versatile. If you go to the Sprite web site, you will find that, as you already have the version installed by HP, you can buy the full version at a discounted price. It is well worth the small additional cost
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go buy - and soon! you won't regret it - it is a million miles better than what is supplied and well worth the cost - excellent piece of kit and does exactly what it says on the tin (so to speak)

Oh, and yes, you do get the discounted price as has been stated

Steve
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Sprite Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your reply , tell me is it better to use sprite to backup tom tom 5.1 on a separate SD card or back it up onto the same SD card that tom tom is installed on, or does it not matter ?as I only have Tom Tom installed on my 2210 PDA. a waste really just to use it for Navigation
Thanks
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter - I back up to the same SD card as I have TomTom on and also have on the same card all my own files - pictures - ebooks - sounds etc etc not a problem at all.

Even better Sprite has the option of making a self restoring backup so that if the unit runs out of power (for example) and is effectively reset to factory settings you would not normally be able to restore until Sprite is re installed - not with the self restoring backup though - double click that file and a few minutes later all is back as it was before the power went and off you go....

As I said, an excellent bit of kit

Steve
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: sprite backup Reply with quote

Took your advice Steve installed sprite on my 2210 ipaq after the installation it did a soft reset then just hung. I had to take out the battery momentary to get it to do anything,when I fired it up every thing seemed to work ok. but it has soft reset it self a couple of times since and hung ,and the only way I could get any sort of response was to remove the battery again,any idea's what is happening ,I have only had this problem since i installed sprite.BTW does it make any difference if the SD card is locked or not
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I never had anything like that happen for me I must admit - It worked first time straight away - I don't know about the card being locked however as I use that as the place to keep my backups - can you try it with the card unlocked and see what it does? If no good then try uninstalling and then a full re install od sprite.

After that I am as to what to suggest - hopefully someone reading this will know better and be able to help you

Sorry

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: