Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Toshiba E330, TT3, Haicom 203 & impending nervous breakd
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Toshiba E330, TT3, Haicom 203 & impending nervous breakd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfilby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Toshiba E330, TT3, Haicom 203 & impending nervous breakd Reply with quote

Please help a desperate newbie!! It's a bit long but I'm trying to be clear...

I have purchased a 2nd hand Toshiba E330 with TomTom3 on it. I also have a wired Haicom 203 receiver. I plugged them together for the first time today. I got an instant sat position fix; which disappeared about 3 minutes later and has not reappeared since. I have driven about with it outside the car, inside in various positions - but nothing. The red LED is flashing constantly, which I understand means it is trying to fix a signal - but no fix ever comes.

I have tried going into the Beams menu and turning off the option there as someone here suggested. I've tried going into TomTom GPS and changing the info from Haicom GPS to the NMEA 0183v2 4800 settting as suggested here also. But still just the red flashing light and the "GPS signal unreliable" message from TomTom.

The other thing that's foxed me was the installation CD that came with the Haicom; I'm not sure that I (a) installed the right folders or (b) installed them in the right way; the installation doc said to open them on my laptop and transfer them to the PPC which I did, but then I'm suppoed to run an .exe on the PPC.... and I can't see one in there. If anyone has installed this receiver and could walk me through that bit I'd be pathetically grateful.

What's confusing to me is that TomTom did initially find me this afternoon - but only for a few minutes. That was before I tried installing the CD, which was probably stupid... these PPC are much more different to PCs than I'd anticipated!

Any help would be gratefully received, I'm completely stumped and have no idea how to move this forward!
cfilby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah, after many hours of seething and headbutting, I have it sorted!! But I couldn't have done it without this thread; thought I'd post it for any other newbies in case they don't find it.......

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2586&start=0

Thanks so much for this resource, you guys rock!

Carole :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: