Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Tech Support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Tech Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senwar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Navman Tech Support Reply with quote

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice here. To say I am livid is an understatement.

Long story short, but my unit (ICN510) had been playing up, so I arranged with Navman to return the unit, using a supplied RMA number. Unit was returned, and delivery confirmed on the 16th September. As I was going away on the 21st Sept, I also enclosed some info that I would not be contactable for 2 weeks, so to return to my parents address if necessary - all done via letter

When I returned home last Friday (7th), I had received nothing from Navman. no email, no product return, no message, nothing.

I therefore contacted them to see what was happening. I was called back on Friday afternoon to be informed that, although they have a record of the unit arriving, and being checked in, they had no idea where it was! I explained this was unnacceptable and that I wanted an urgent resolution - after all it was 3 weeks since I returned it to them, plus the 2 weeks it hadn't been working properly. I was then informed that if it wasn't found by today (monday), then I would be sent a new unit.

Again I have to call to chase this up, as the call back did not happen. When I speak to the person at technical support, he seems to doubt what I was told and informs me he needs to investigate further, but will get back to me today.

By 5:25pm, I had not been called so I call again (I know they close at 5:30). I'm told he's on the phone, and a message will be passed onto him to call me. Surprise suprise, no call back, and I try again and it now says closed.

This is on top of not answering my emails.

Any ideas what I can do here? I am very annoyed at the extremely poor service I am receiving here, but more to the point, I am STILL without a unit and no idea when I will get it back. I really want a resolution to this - I did say I wanted it resolving today - but I'm not willing for it to run on any longer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
banger9365
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about you icn problem
keep on at them tomorrow if you can and go up the ladder and speek to some one high up (they are always in meeting ) keep on the phone until them and get it sorted ,i had to .
and for people thingiing about returning or got a fault icn
please read
Sale of Goods Act 1979.
Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994.
The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.

Basically, you have the following rights :

If the goods do not 'conform to contract', IE:they must be as described, fit for the purpose and of satisfactory quality.

Much of the Law is subjective, but can be used in your favour, if you can apply it correctly.

It is ALWAYS the Seller NOT the Manufacturer, who is responsible to correct any faults.

There is NO set time in Law, whereby you are entitled to an automatic Full Refund. The Law just says, within a reasonable time. Also, if you have had some benefit from the product, that could be used to reduce any refund offered by the seller.

In English Law, there is a Six Year window for 'damages' and in Scottish Law it is Five Years from discovery. This means, that if the item proves to be faulty within the first Six Years, you are entitled to have the item repaired, by the seller at their expense. This is a maximum time limit not a minimum and will vary depending on the item and what would be deemed as reasonable. For instance, it wouldn't be reasonable to expect a watch battery to last 6 years. But totally reasonable for a TV or other similar home appliance.

If the seller refuses to repair the goods, then you will need to bring a case within the Small Claims Court, against the seller.

So, why buy an extended warranty, unless they offer something like in-home repair or a new unit in case of a fault. But if it is just to cover repairs, there is no need, you are covered in Law.

TIP:

When you purchase any item, always try to purchase the item using a Credit Card, as you are given extra protection under the Consumer Credit Act. Never use a Store Card, Debit Card or Charge Card, most of these offer no extra protection under the Act.
senwar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and info. Very helpful

Have had to call them again myself today, but a supervisor has called me back and said a new unit will be sent out today.

Mmmm. Will wait and see, but hopefully it will get resolved.

Cheers
Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: