Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New SD card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New SD card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
del
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: New SD card Reply with quote

Tried to copy to my new card as per your reply but with no luck. The new card has been formatted and placed into my tom tom unit having backed up the original. When i connect to my pc and try to restore the settigs to the new card its not happening. Using the tom tom cd i get the message to check power or insert SD card which is already in the unit. Any other suggestions would be gratefuly accepted.

Del
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using the backup/restore in the setup menu, that message is not saying that it has a problem, it's a reminder just in case you havn't done it.

Just carry on to the next page.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1135
del
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: sd card Reply with quote

I have gone to the next page with no joy. The tom tom screen tells me that there is no sd card in the unit.
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that with me Mio 168 Tomtom, Memory Map, file explorer etc> on the ppc could not read the card correctly unless I started the ppc with no card in before fitting the new card. Did this by using the 'wake up on SD Card removal/insertion.

Changing cards now involves

switch off ppc
remove card (ppc will switch on)
switch off ppc
insert new card (ppc will switch on)

Programs are then able to read card correctly.

Try that. It MAY work for your problem.

Norman
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New SD card Reply with quote

del wrote:
Any other suggestions would be gratefuly accepted.

I think we're going to need a little more information to be of help.

What unit are you using and what TT software are you running?

del
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: new sd card Reply with quote

my tom tom unit is go 300 version 5 Iam trying to transfer the files and information from the original sd card onto a new 1gb sd card. i have backed up the original sd card and attempted to transfer the files to the new card by using the restore method on the tom tom cd rom. everytime the new sd card is placed in the tom tom and i attempt to restore the settings the cd rom tells me to either switch on the power or there is no card fitted . it seems like when the new sd card is in the unit and there is no files on it the unit does not recognise the card. The new sd card has been formatted this still makes no difference. I can transfer the files to the new card using a card reader but once on the new card they are not recognised when the card is placed in the tom tom unit. i have been following all the helpful information sent to me by various people but still no joy. please please send idiot proof sheets many thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: new sd card Reply with quote

del wrote:
i have backed up the original sd card and attempted to transfer the files to the new card by using the restore method on the tom tom cd rom. everytime the new sd card is placed in the tom tom and i attempt to restore the settings the cd rom tells me to either switch on the power or there is no card fitted .

I think we've found the problem. The backup/restore on the V5.0 CD only backs up your settings and preferences.

You will need to select all of the files and the SD card, in Windows Explorer, and copy that to a Temp Folder on the PC.

Reformat the new SD card, to clear everything off it, and then copy all the files in the Temp Folder back to the new card.

Fingers crossed, you should be OK.

jimbokb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something here or what.

Why not just copy contents of old card to a folder on the P C then remove the SD card insert the new one and copy the contents of said folder back to new card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: