Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA 2 - BT GPS Rceiver problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA 2 - BT GPS Rceiver problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gadget1st
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: XDA 2 - BT GPS Rceiver problems Reply with quote

I have purchased a CPIT GP-27 GPS receiver and I cannot get the thing to pair with my XDA II. :x

According to all information i have found so far the GP-27 does not have a secure link to the XDA II but the XDA II and my Nokia 6680 want you to enter a password (security key which is supposed to be 000000).

Is there any 3rd party software that allows you to connect without using a security code Question

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gadget
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gadget1st

As palm users, on this forum, we generally don't have much if any experience of PPC's.

But in my limited experience of Bluetooth, you always need to pair devices. albeit only once if you have it saved to a trusted list.

To pair the BT receiver should be on, with the indicator light on (I have a Tom Tom BT receiver & it flashes blue when it is on, and also flashes green when it is receiving a satelite signal).
Do a search of nearby BT devices using your PPC. Your receiver should show up. select it and you will be prompted for the pass code. They are normally 0000 (4 zero's)- all of my BT devices are. Then my Tom Tom receiver blue light turns solid.

As for 3rd party software - ask on a PPC forum.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: