Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A TT5 Lock / Freeze Solution
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A TT5 Lock / Freeze Solution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L_Morgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: A TT5 Lock / Freeze Solution Reply with quote

For those experiencing TT5 lockups/freezes on the XDA2i (Alpine) it is a 90% probability that your SD card is to blame. It seems anything less than a 80x with a read speed of 10 mb/sec will contribute to your lockups - change to Transcend 1GB (80x), I did, and now my TT5 seems like a totally different product, one that actually works!

Not only does it work extremely well, the Transcend uses less voltage and that means it is as effecient as a solar powered wind turbine and runs as cool as a polar bears gonads.

Unfortunately for TT, this discovery was one Farraday would be proud of - my solution was the result of lots of research over many months and numerous forum combing.

It seems that it would of been much easier to relieve 'ones self' into the handbag of HRH than get this information from TomTom, if TT carried out the compatiblilty tests that you would expect to generate the holy grail of 'supported devices' maybe they would have known . . .
ROM date: 04/11/06
Radio version 1.09.00
Protocol version: 42.42.P8
ExtROM version: 1.30.162 WWE
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never had a problem with any cards in the xda2i slow or fast running tt5

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
alan_m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: A TT5 Lock / Freeze Solution Reply with quote

L_Morgan wrote:
For those experiencing TT5 lockups/freezes on the XDA2i (Alpine) it is a 90% probability that your SD card is to blame. It seems anything less than a 80x with a read speed of 10 mb/sec will contribute to your lockups - change to Transcend 1GB (80x), I did, and now my TT5 seems like a totally different product, one that actually works!

It is very unlikely that the speed of the card makes any difference when used in most PDAs. You may achieve 80x speed when the card is fitted in card reader attached to your PC via USB2 but in the PDA the speed is likely to be a fraction of this as determined by the card driver in the PDA.

The way the card is formatted may make some difference.

Have you got a SD card benchmark program on your PDA? What read speeds does it report? My bet it will be closer to x1 than x80.
Masked-Marauder
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is almost definitely a power issue, not card speed as the XDA IIi struggles to read much over 5x anyway.

But all the problems I was having (and not just with TomTom Navigator) are gone now I am using Transcend SD cards.
L_Morgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not meaning to sound arrogant I don't personally don't care about much for card speeds achieved - all I know is that I can now receive calls whilst in TT mode, achieve traffic updates flawlessly whilst connected to BT GPS and all without any lockups (TT no longer locks up after 30 min!)

All I done was switch card spec & the problems went away . . .
ROM date: 04/11/06
Radio version 1.09.00
Protocol version: 42.42.P8
ExtROM version: 1.30.162 WWE
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup me too i'm just glad i've founda card that works well enough for me to do what i want ,i am now down to never having to soft reset ,where as before i was doing 7/8 resets a day ..not a bad result

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: