Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI WARNER Stupid Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI WARNER Stupid Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHEPPY124
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: POI WARNER Stupid Question Reply with quote

Before I purchase poi warner, is it worth buying, is it only a poi warner with voices that warn you or is it much more than that, have read the site and instructions but all seems a bit confusing to me. Or is just best the stick with tom nav poi warning bleeps and things.

any explanation would be nice. For my simpleton swede.

cheers

sheppy
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably you have a PDA. Why not try CheckPOInt, it's free.
http://checkpoint.oabsoftware.nl/

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
REME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me matey, Its brilliant. I wasnt sure what I was getting into after looking at the installation details but gave it a go and got the product.
I firstly need to say that all I was looking for was to make my sat nav tell me where speed cameras were so I wouldnt get done for speeding.
I know what people will say but its not something I go out on purpose to do.
Anyway, I paid for the Camera download and followed the instructions. They were step by step and if I can follow them anyone can because I know nothing about file names and folders. Seriously. If you get stuck just ask someone on here for help (but you wont)
I can tell you mate you wont look back! its brilliant and does EXACTLY what I wanted it to do plus more.
I dont recommend things normally but the camera software is first class and every time I connect my sat nav to my computer it updates automatically. My advice is get it !! Post back on here as I look forward to your reply and seeing what you think of it. Cheers.
REME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry matey, forgot to tell ya that its the POI WARNER programme that I got and what it does is this, Your sat nav looks the same as normal exept it has icons (pictures of the cameras) wherever they are on your route.
and it speaks to you things like "Warning gatso ahead in 30 seconds" or Warning traffic light camera ahead in 10 seconds".. It says everything and even tells you where mobile cameras are too.
I jest you not, its great. Just keep it updated and you will be fine. ps, My sat nav is the Medion MD95000 pocket PC
SHEPPY124
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks, have tryed checkpoint but keeps crashing have followed all instructions and new version, but still does though after reading forum there is know probs with tt5, so have gone with poi warner its not too expensive, and it worked first time and appears to run smoothly.

Have Yakumo pda 300 gps (mitac clone)

Thanks

again

Sheppy
REME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good init ! Best £20.00 I have spent in years. GL

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: