Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help anybody - trouble with loading POI onto my Navman PIN 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help anybody - trouble with loading POI onto my Navman PIN 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NMyall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Help anybody - trouble with loading POI onto my Navman PIN 5 Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a beginner suffering lots trouble with loading on the speed camera detector software on to my Navman PIN 570. I've downloaded the database and have followed all the instructions on how to get this on to the Navman and working. I can get into the POI editor on my PC, see the file, download to device, choose options, give a name, then transfer the POI on to the PDA. This goes through without reporting any problems. I can then see (after hunting) that the original file is actually on the Navman, and is split into about 4 different files. When I go into SmartST software I can't see the POI anywhere, not in POIs, myPOIs, nor maps. I wonder where the actual files should be located on the PDA, is there a correct destination which I need to put the files into? HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

Nick
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have look at this article it should help a little http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-navman.php

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
NMyall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for replying to my mail.

These are the instructions that I believe I have followed. I successfully get all the way to the end where it says 'This should have now downloaded the data to your iCN or V3 software and you should now see it in there and be notified of the latest Speed Cameras'.

Do you know where I should see the speed camera POI in the software?---I'm trying to see this in the POI or Active POI screen areas in order to active it, without any luck. The file has transferred over on to the Navman, but I'm wondering if either they are in the wrong location, or that I have done something else wrongly in the process, or that I have to set up some configuration in the SmartST software in order for it to be recognized.

Thanks Nick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: