Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using Tom Tom Go 700 wth Nokia 6230i and Nokia Car Kit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Tom Tom Go 700 wth Nokia 6230i and Nokia Car Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romquick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Using Tom Tom Go 700 wth Nokia 6230i and Nokia Car Kit Reply with quote

Hi all

Go 700 newbie here.
I have paired the 700 with my 6230i OK but when 1st powering up the 700 with the 6230 in it's cradle, the 6230 complains and says the 'wired enhancement' needs to be disconnected first.

I assume this is because the 700 is trying to take over the speaker and mic function that the (non bluetooth) Nokia car kit is providing.

Consequently I don't seem to be able to connect the 700 to the 6230i whilst it is in the cradle. This in turn means I can't get traffic updates nor use the 700 to initiate a call.

Any managed to get this combination working?
Is it possible to tell the 700 not to try and take over speaker and mic but still connect to the 630 for GPRS and if possible dialling?
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you can tell it not to accept calls - If you re-pair it and select this option you may have more joy.

What's stopping you using the BT handsfree on the TT rather than the wired one?

Hope this helps..........

Chris
romquick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris

If I didn't dock the phone in the cradle it would nevere get charged!!

If I could still dock it for charging and not connect to the car kit that would be ok.
But there will be times when the TT is not in the car so then I will want to use the Nokia kit.

I will try the re-pairing option.
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point - I keep a car charger in the arm rest and use this to charge my phone. Although in your case you still need to use the car kit to make and receive calls.

One issue I can see here is that Nokia phones activate a "profile" when connecting to an "enhancement". This will most likley be confilcting as the TT activates the same profile.

If the repairing and the change in setting does not work I'm honestly not sure what to do - other than use a car charger and the TT car kit on journeys when you need the TT and the Nokia car kit on others.

Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: