Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ICN 610 Map Updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ICN 610 Map Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: ICN 610 Map Updates Reply with quote

I've got a Navman ICN 610, and this weekend a friend purchased the latest Navman ICN510. (I'm jealous - it's much nicer, and love the inbuilt battery!)
I did notice that the map appeared to have been updated (one road is now shown as a no-through road which isn't on my maps).

How often do Navman update maps and do users get notified, or is it just a case of looking for maps with anything later than V3 on them>
alf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy, I have been mailing navman on the very subject of updated maps for the 610 as I find there are roads missing, major roads, that have been in existance for two years or more and I have had the following reply,
Navman state coverage on the side of the box, so there will be missing streets. Streets change on a regular basis (one-way systems, traffic lights, new roads.

· Roughly 10–15 % of the road system characteristics change each year. Because of these constantly changing traffic conditions (construction of new roads, traffic calm­ing, etc.) we unfortunately cannot guarantee that the digital road map will be in 100 % agreement with existing traffic conditions. We recommend that you always use the most current version of the map CD for navigation.

· You need to bare in mind that it takes time to update maps:

1) a user reports to Tele Atlas that there is a fault

2) Tele Atlas sends an engineer on the field (it takes time to free someone and send him on the field)

3) the engineer takes measures (couple of days)

4) the engineer enters the changes in the database (Time consuming process)

5) when enough data has been updated, Tele Atlas releases a map update (1-3 updates a year)

6) Navman buys a map update

7) Navman reformats the map data to make it compatible with its software (very fastideous)

8) Navman releases the updated maps

9) the distributor buys the maps

10) The retailer buys the maps

11) The product stays in stock until a customer buys it.

12) The customer has the product

If you have registered the product then as soon as the new maps are made avaliable you will be notified via post or email. You can also go direct to www.navman-store.com for software and maps.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
Bernhard Nielsen

Technical Support Team
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a thorough reply!
Mind you - the main question was, since there is obviously an updated map for the ICN 520, there should be one soon then for the ICN610?
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: V3 Maps for ICN620 on offer Reply with quote

I see that Navman are offering the maps for ICN620 on offer at a bargain price of £20.
Presumably indicating that a new map is coming out soon, and shifting the old stock...
http://www.navman-store.com/eu/product_details.php?id=88

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: