Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom/gps/bluetooth run sequence.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom/gps/bluetooth run sequence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevlar100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: TomTom/gps/bluetooth run sequence. Reply with quote

I have an axim x50v, tomtom 5 and a fuzion bluetooth gps receiver. I've got it all working but getting it started each time seems a bit hit and miss so I was wondering how everyone else launches everything?. This is what I do at the moment; Turn on gps, turn on bluetooth on pda, go into bluetooth manager and double click the gps icon to get it to connect. Then I go into Tom Tom nad HOPE that it finds the gps signal. Most of the time it works but sometimes it refuses to find the receiver and I have to start all over again. I've noticed tom tom turns on bluetooth itself so tried turning on gps then launching tomtom, once it managed to connect to the gps this way but mostly fails.

Any idvice appreciated.

Kevlar
trevtyler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I do nothing as complicated as that,
I simply turn on my B/tooth gps unit and then hit the Tom Tom icon and away we go.

Trev
kevlar100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tomtom turns on bluetooth and connects to the gps unit itself? all the time? As I said I managed to get it to do this once but it mostly fails.
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets face it, if its all working correctly it shouldn't matter what order you switch everything on (or off for that matter - I sometimes think this has more of a bearing on any problems). Certainly Tomtom should switch BT on and connect automatically. When was the last time you soft reset? This normally does the trick, though like I said, if everything worked correctly one shouldn't have to!
kevlar100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a hard reset and re-installation of everything it seems to work fine now, just start tomtom and it finds my gps.

cheers

Kevlar
mburton2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to switch BlueTooth ON on my iPAQ.......if its OFF, TTN5 will not switch it on....

I tend to leave the Bluetooth on most of the time nowadays, as I found it makes little difference to the battery life, and if the PPC is on for any length of time, I've plugged a power source into it any way....
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/ Turn on PDA ( power button)
2/ Select TT (Pda button)
3/ BT browser pops up select Holux GPS
4/ TomTom arrives

This is how mine works ,when i shut down i just exit Tom Tom as per normal,all works fine ,not sure why the BT browser pops up but its no problem,
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded update 5.1 to TT reset GPS to other bluetooth device,now it starts as:

1/ Power on Button ( pda)
2/ TomTom Button (pda)
3/ TomTom up and running

:D
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
kevlar100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke too soon, it just failed to connect, so I closed and restarted tomtom, still no good. Soft reset then it worked. It all seems a bit flakey to me. Infact I would say my x50v is flakey full stop. It's not very quick to do anything, sometimes I turn it on and try to launch something and it will sit there doing nothing for 10-15 seconds, and soft resetting the device is a regular occurance. Hard resetting doesn't seem to improve matters either. Maybe its faulty in some way.

Kevlar

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: