Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pairing/Bonding Polstar Bt with Ipaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pairing/Bonding Polstar Bt with Ipaq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Pairing/Bonding Polstar Bt with Ipaq Reply with quote

Installed TT5 using Polstar pbt-111 receiver but could not get response from Ipaq 3870. Then updated/installed Bluetooth Security Manager v1.0.11. (I am running Windows Mob 2002.)still no respnse in the gps screen after trying all the gps type setups. So, I decided to do a hard reset. Now, when I turn radio on and select bluetooth manager I get an icon of polstar in All Devices with the blue bt light on the gps receiver flashing. The problem is that I can't find a screen to pair/bond the device anymore. Surely the bt blue light stops flashing once paired. Any help would be appreciated.

ipaq 3870
polstar pbt-111
win mob 2002
Royston
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Sorted!! Software problem? Reply with quote

So,went back to the Bluetooth Manager and found the icon for my Polstar. The icon is shown as a little computer. Anyhow, I selected it by holding down the stylus on it........bad thing to do because it gives you the option of connecting to SSP SLAVE. This takes you nowhere because it is not available it says. However, instead of HOLDING stylus on icon, just QUICKLY TAP the icon to get another selection screen which enables bonding and all is then OK. Why not put all the options in one tap of the sylus!!! Bad software program I think. Been over 2days ripping my hair out!!! Actually the polstar works well with Ipaq 3870 although it has bad reviews as being particularly good with bluetooth devices. The one good thing is the receiver has rechargeable aaa batteries(3) and on Ebay I see you can get 950mah rech batteries which will power it for ages!!

Ipaq 3870
Polstar PBT-111 gps receiver
SP21032 upgrade(Bluetooth Manager).....poor software!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: