Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost all my POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost all my POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conundrum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Lost all my POI's Reply with quote

I'm a new user of the Navman icn 510. Somehow I've managed to lose all the pre-installed POI's on my Navman, and I can't find any of them.

Is there a way to get them back, or re-install them from the CDs which came with the unit? I've read the pdf manual, checked the installed software till my eyeballs wobble, but I can't find a way out.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Steve
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Navman

Quote:
This is partly due to the fact that POIs are referenced on the map data by their coordinates and thereafter linked to the nearest town/city by SmartST, but POIs may be away from the city under which they are referenced, especially in the example of airports.

The best way to find a POI is to do as follow:

(Note: this is only possible with SmartST V3 and not available on iCN 610 or iCN 620)

Go to the main menu

Go to Destination > Address (PDA) or Destination > City/Town Centre (iCN)

Enter the name of the City under which the POI is commonly known as

Press the Show button, NOT the Go button

Bring up the Pop-up menu (Tap and hold on PDA, press OK on iCN)

Choose Nearest POI

Set the Category and an optional Type

Click on the Right Arrow / Press the next page button

Et Voilą !

If that does not help then hope someone else can post a solution.
conundrum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Navman, thanks for replying. I don't think I explained myself very well... when I say I've lost all my POI's I mean all of them. I don't even get a choice of category, ie banks, petrol, monuments, accomodation....nothing at all. I can't select a category, cos none of them show up on the menu.

I think I may have found a way out, as when I was playing about with the SmartST software I installed a new map, the one for Southern Ireland. Then when I looked at my Navman all the POI categories were showing again, but on close examination it was only showing POI's for Southern Ireland.

So I deleted all of my maps (scary!) then re-installed them from scratch, and it seems to have worked....the POI's are back.

The moral of this story is 'don't mess about and delete files unless you're sure what you're doing'. On reflection, I'm positive I caused this by deleting what I thought were file fragments....there were files showing which had the .chk extension, so I thought they were files which had become corrupt....so out they went. And my POI's stopped working.

Thanks for replying. All ok now.

Steve
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="conundrum"]Hi Navman, thanks for replying. I don't think I explained myself very well... when I say I've lost all my POI's I mean all of them. I don't even get a choice of category, ie banks, petrol, monuments, accomodation....nothing at all. I can't select a category, cos none of them show up on the menu.

I seem to have done the same thing on my Falk navigator 2, I have tried to reload the maps but still they are all missing can anyone help me please.
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone all fixed thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: