Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - power supply -no lights
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

power supply -no lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: power supply -no lights Reply with quote

does anybody know about which lights come on when you plug in your charger cable i have no light on wired gps receiver and no light on the pda(toshiba e750) but the light on the charger end of the cable does light up, should the pda charge light come on and receiver, i think perhaps it is faulty? i have only had it a week and no lights have ever come on. thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the cable to the PDA is the wrong connector, if you go to settings and select the battery icon with it plugged into the car charger does it show that it is charging as the same way as it would when connected to the mains charger? - if not then the PDA is not receiving any charge. secondly does the GPS unit actually output any usable information - if it is doing it is obviously powered up correctly, what VS of TT are you using - if VS3 then go into the properties screen and make sure that the AC charger option is checked for on screen warning when not present (sorry been using TT5 for a while and forgotten the exact terminology - but I miss this feature immensley - TT please take note) - finally when pluged into the car after a couple of hours what is the battery state of the PDA - if above that with which you started with it obviously all works - Mike
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: faulty power lead Reply with quote

mike thanks for your advise, have checked the gps , no output of any sort , the lead is ok it has my pda stamped on it and checked the charging status ,no life so i will be returning it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: