Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom3 Fatal Application Error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom3 Fatal Application Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luddite_Mary
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: TomTom3 Fatal Application Error Reply with quote

On 23rd September I sent the following cry for help to TomTom Support. It’s so far been unanswered, so could I turn to you knowledgeable people in the hope that you may be able to help me! Smile Apologies if this has come up in the past!

“The battery on my PDA ran right down when I recently went on holiday. (I didn't take it with me), and I had to start from scratch. Unfortunately my TomTom3 Navigator had disappeared and when I tried to re-install it, although it seemed successful, when I clicked on it an error message came up: Fatal Application Error. Application TomTom Navigator.exe has performed an illegal operation and will shut down. If the problem persists contact the program vendor.Further information on the message:: TomTom Navigator.exe Exception: 0x80000002. Address: 00a83dd40. I tried to download the upgrade 3.7 just in case it would work, but that too came up with the error message. Help!“
I’ve tried a soft and hard reset of my PDA and nothing works. I bought the software legitimately and the CD has the product code on the cover. I’ve no idea what’s causing this problem and hope somebody out there does! If somebody does know the solution please could you make the explanation idiot proof. Although I know how to use the program I’m hopeless at the inner workings of these things! Embarassed
Luddite_Mary
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Sheesh, sorry ..... Reply with quote

... not 23rd September, 23rd JULY! Embarassed

I know TomTom Support are slow, but not THAT slow? Smile
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Fatal Error Message Reply with quote

Idea I had exactly the same error message - whilst on holiday and, therefore, away from my PC!. When else? TomTom were useless on my return. You don't say what your PDA is so this may not be relevant.
I finally resolved it by deleting and then reloading the UK map to the SD storage card (IPAQ3970). I think it was something to do with the SD card (Toshiba 256Mb) which I now don't use since I've gone to Navigator 5 and I need more space. I have no idea what went wrong or why - my battery had not run down. I have the SD card 'fix' for the 3970.

Hope this helps.
Luddite_Mary
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Result!! Reply with quote

Drrbr1 - you beauty!! This was exactly the right fix for my IPAQ 3950. I deleted the GB maps from my SD card and reloaded them. Why it works, who knows ... who cares!!

Hope you don't mind me sending you a big wet kiss! Laughing

You're right, TomTom were and are useless - still no word from them, but they were quick enough to try and sell me the upgrade. I think not.

Thanks again drrbr1, you're a star! First

Mary (now less than a Luddite :D )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: