Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Treo 650 & TTN 5 BT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Treo 650 & TTN 5 BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Treo 650 & TTN 5 BT Reply with quote

Having just got rid of a brand new Mio 268 to put TTN 5 BT on to my Treo 650, I am almost happy but have a couple of questions.
I have just got, using Voice Dialler Pro, my Treo and BT hands free to work together and now find when Navigator is on that my headset will not answer the phone. Is this because TTN BT settings are in use for this program? Is there any way round this? I don't really want to have to go back to a wired headset. Also when starting TTN, my Treo sometimes resets itself for no apparent reason.
I am glad to be back with the Tom Tom setup, the lack of being able to put speed camera warnings on my Mio without a lot of hassle and the maps not very up to date made me change. I must admit I am pleasantly suprised by the display on my Treo, it's readable and Jane, although being a bit hormonal, is a welcome sound again!
Doug
MarkBooth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed to report that all Bluetooth cell phone's I've ever owned would only work with a single Bluetooth device at a time. My current phone is the Motorola V710 and if it is connected to my Bluetooth headset it will not connect to my laptop computer.

So, unfortunately, you will have to go wired or use no headset at all when you're Treo 650 is connected to the TomTom Bluetooth GPS.

BTW, I'm certainly no expert in this area. I'm 99.9% certain I've answered correctly but I'd love to have someone prove me wrong.

Mark
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark, you have confirmed all my deepest suspicions! The usefulness of the Treo 650/TTN combination far outweighs the usefulness of the BT headset.
That means I won't get lost now but can't ring and tell anybody by BT........

Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: SD card Reply with quote

One other question? I have about 2 Mb of space on my 128 Mb Nav SD card but have an empty 512Mb card. Can I just transfer all the info from one card to the other and use as before? Or does this sound too sensible?
Doug
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: SD card Reply with quote

dougproctor wrote:
Can I just transfer all the info from one card to the other and use as before?

You sure can, that's how I use it on my Treo Smile

The Treo 650 has BT v1.1 which only supports use of one BT device at a time. It is theoretically possible for PalmOne to release a software patch which updates the BT to v1.2 which would allow multiple BT devices, whether they do or not is another matter.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: