Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Mobile 5 - C500 Install Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Mobile 5 - C500 Install Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterguk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: TomTom Mobile 5 - C500 Install Problems Reply with quote

OK, as title says, and i have read every post looking for the answer!!

New C500 on Orange contract. New TomTom 5 Mobile. Bought 512Mb miniSD card, and copied everything across (with hidden files showing).

Put card in phone, switch on.

Run TTM, and i select language, distance units and get to "select voice". I can test them all, but when i select one, nothing happens. I can exit back to home page.

So i try the patch. Install as per other posts here.

Run TTM, and i select language, distance units and get to "select voice". Except this time , in the middle of the screen it says "Install from CDROM or download from www.tomtom.com".

Arrrrrggghhh!! What am i doing wrong????
pwhooftman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. don't install a patch for ttm5, that was for ttm4 to get it working with a non-TT gps only. So reinstall ttm5.
2. did TTM5 run fine on the original mini-sd? First run it once with the original, then switch to the new card.
peterguk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

OK, so no patch, that's a start.

And i wasn't able to run the original card on my phone. I bought it for the 6680 wit O2, but after being mucked around, i decided to move to Orange and the SPV C500.

Because i had opened it, Dabs refused to exchange. I didn't bother arguing since all i had to do (or so i thought) was buy a miniSD and copy across.
pwhooftman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, try this, the file currentmap.dat gets created the first time you use TTM5, so i think its missing from your SPVC500 (change map name if needed)::

If you run into problems in de MAP selection or the green "I Agree" screen do this:

Create a file called CurrentMap.dat in notepad with the following single line in it

" \Storage Card\Great-Britain-Map\

There is a single blank space after the final \ There is no closing "
Of course you can change the map folder name in the file to correspond with the map folder that you have.

Copy your new file to here:
\Storage\My Documents\TomTom
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you have the correct version? You say you bought TTM5 for the 6680, but that is a Symbian phone. TTM5 is available in various versions, but not in the same product. So if you have the S60 version, it will never work on MS Smartphone

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: