Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Scandinavia Upgrade - be aware
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Scandinavia Upgrade - be aware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giversen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Scandinavia Upgrade - be aware Reply with quote

Hi

Here goes my first post to this forum Wink

I have upgraded my map of the Scandinavian region and noticed that there must be 2 versions of this map. I just thought that others might want to know this.

1) The one originally supplied with the TomTom Go covering Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Helsinki (Finland) in detail.
The new and updated maps available through TomTom's upgrade program covers the same region. This means that only Helsinki in Finland are covered in detail and not the whole of Finland.

2) The new maps available from TomTom's website covering Finland, Denmark, Sweden as well as Norway in detail. See http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessory.php?ID=89&Product=0&Category=&Context=1&Language=1&Tab=2

This was confirmed by TomTom Customer Support. I received the following reply form them:

Dear X,

we thank you for your e-mail requesting for assistance.
The only maps provided with the GO 2005 Upgrade are those described in following page :

http://www.tomtom.com/products/section.php?ID=0&Section=0&Language=1

wich is the only one to be taken into consideration when buying the Go Upgrade 2005, as we supposed you did.
Still we understand that the label on the SD card you received hasn't a complete description of his content (probably for the little space on it).
Unfortunately Tom Tom can't replace your SD card with one having the map's data of the rest of Finland because these are not included with the Upgrade 2005 for the version of your GO.
If you are not satisfied with the product,considering that we don't have a suitable substitute to replace with, we' d like to inform you that we are in the position to activate a procedure of refund.
We wait for your reply.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
giversen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom Customer Support have now confirmed that Finland is in fact covered in detail on the map of the Scandinavian region. So I guess that there only exists one version of the new Scandinavian map (couldn't quite understand why their should be two different versions).

1)The map originally supplied with the TomTom Go covering Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Helsinki (Finland) in detail.
2)The new updated map that covers Finland, Denmark, Sweden as well as Norway in detail

The fact that Finland hasn't got the same green color as the rest of Scandinavia is a mistake. This mistake has been reported to the development team.

Unfortunately, I was misinformed by TomTom Customer Support to believe that only Helsinki was covered in detail. I couldn't verify this since I'm not familiar with the roads in Finland.

So Finland is in fact covered in detail on the new map of the Scandinavian region according to TomTom Customer Support. Maybe someone else can verify this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: