Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 5 for Palm Upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 5 for Palm Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Navigator 5 for Palm Upgrade Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am having problems upgrading - I get "No maps found" after I try to upgrade, despite following the steps correctly.

Can someone please have a look at their SD card after they have upgraded and please list in full what the contents are?

I am getting desperate having tried loads of thing s in the past two days (eg naming folders differently, swapping files in and out of folders). Help me please!!!!
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I got my upgrade working today at long last (got the upgrade last friday). After updating my Palm Desktop to version 4.1.4 (from version 4.1.0) I still could not get past the "No maps found" after using a card reader to install the maps. All I did was to hotsync the maps as well as the application (after advice from TomTom) and it worked.

Now I can join everyone else in looking at all the posts in the forums - without feeling I am an outcast not having been able to upgrade.
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbegg wrote:
Now I can join everyone else in looking at all the posts in the forums - without feeling I am an outcast not having been able to upgrade.

Well, I'm glad you got your upgrade working. Us folks in the states are *still* waiting for the TTN5 upgrade for the Palm. It's not even available online to purchase yet! Sad I wonder what the hold-up is? Question Maybe TomTom is letting you UK folks be Beta testers so that us USA peeps will have a decent version pretty soon!? 8O :D
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rambler358 wrote:
jbegg wrote:

Well, I'm glad you got your upgrade working. Us folks in the states are *still* waiting for the TTN5 upgrade for the Palm. It's not even available online to purchase yet! Sad I wonder what the hold-up is? Question Maybe TomTom is letting you UK folks be Beta testers so that us USA peeps will have a decent version pretty soon!? 8O :D

Rambler358,

Give TomTom an email to ask them to specify exactly when you can expect the US upgrade. I seem to recall from a previous post that it was put back to 18 June. If you do a trawl through the posts you will find it.

Hope you do not have to wait much longer for it.
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbegg wrote:
Give TomTom an email to ask them to specify exactly when you can expect the US upgrade. I seem to recall from a previous post that it was put back to 18 June. If you do a trawl through the posts you will find it.

Hope you do not have to wait much longer for it.

Well, just got an email back from TomTom saying the U.S. version of TTN5 should be available in the 2nd week of July. Why so late of a release for us folks in the states? Confused

I also asked if there would be an upgrade fee from Palm v4.4 users, but they didn't respond to that one. I submitted an update to the question, and hopefully I'll find out what the upgrade will cost me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: