Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie seeks advice on Tomtom Navigator with Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie seeks advice on Tomtom Navigator with Palm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Newbie seeks advice on Tomtom Navigator with Palm Reply with quote

Hi .. I'm a newbie to this an contemplating my first purchase. I'm on the verge of deciding to buy a system based on Tomtom Navigator and the Palm Tungsten T5. Why? Because I can't cope with my wife's map reading, and I've been a Palm user since version 1 and have other software that runs on Palm (although I'm not a Palm bigot and would use something else if someone told me it was a technically bad idea.)

I have two big doubts I'm hoping someone can advise on:

1. I live in Geneva, Switzerland which is right on the border of France (Geneva is only a few miles across), so I really need seamless navigation across maps of both Geneva and France, including on minor roads.

2. I would also like to use whatever equipment I buy on my motorcycle occasionally. I have headphones wired into my helmet and cables that run to my jacket pocket (for an iPod) that could easily accomodate the Palm instead so that I could navigate by the voice commands.

I'm thinking of the following shopping list:

- Palmone Tungsten T5 (includes Bluetooth)
- Tomtom Navigator 5 software
- Bluetooth GPS Receiver (is this included with above?)
- Tomtom Maps of Western Europe (has to be bought separately?)
- 512MB SD Card (sufficient to hold maps of both France and Switzerland)
- Arkon powered PDA Car Mount (included with Navigator software?)

Does this seems to be a smart thing to be doing? Or should I just buy a Go 700 and forgo the option to use it on my bike?

Also, what's the smart way to buy it - i.e. is this stuff more cost effective to buy in a bundle from a particular reseller?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: