Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6030 so "hit and miss"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6030 so "hit and miss"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xspartx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: 6030 so "hit and miss" Reply with quote

Using it with a 740e

At times it is perfect, finds the sats in under a second and then goes on to find 7 or 8 of them.

Other times it just will NOT find anything.

Example yesterday I drove for 100 miles, although there were lots of "grey" sats , it would not lock onto any (and make them black).

Today I fired it up and it found 3 instantly then added another 4.

Frustrating as when it works, it works perfectly, but it is simply not reliable.

Anyone had similar experiences?
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having similar problems with 6010 and am certain there is a fault with the receiver, the position also drifts if the fix is only 2D and fails to give speed or compasss direction information to the PDA. I am currently in an e-mail exchange with Rikaline in the UK and hope for a successful outcome
xspartx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wierd.........

I have been outside and cannot get a fix for anything.

I walk into my house INSIDE, wander upstairs and get an 8 stat fix in about 10 seconds.

What on earth is going on?
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the 6030 works, it is fine. Sometimes it starts up within a minute, sometimes it takes 10 minutes, and sometimes never. I never know whether to reset my CoPilot/iPaq and try again before I start, or to wait and hope it will start up; with no chance of resetting it all while I'm driving on a motorway.

I get the impression that it doesn't like having to switch to another satellite group (i.e. because the car has changed orientation) while it is still establishing a position. It's almost as if it throws away the work in progress and starts again, and waits for a clear stretch of straight level road. Also, if you switch it on before the navigation software starts, it seems far less likely to bond with the PDA.

Maybe it was CoPilot, or the iPaq Bluetooth that caused the problems, or my aversion to external aerials and a liking for heat-resistant windscreens, but I finally gave up and bought a Globalsat BT-338. I was just wasting too much time playing around with the Rikaline, and would miss several traffic camera announcements while CoPilot was unable to find its location.

Although I've only had it a couple of hours, the Globalsat seems to be dramatically better; as good as the Rikaline was disappointing. It detects several more satellites, works indoors, works anywhere in my car, and has no startup delays. Let's hope the Globalsat continues that way, and doesn't end up gathering dust with the Rikaline.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: