Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Maps Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Maps Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: New Maps Released Reply with quote

Just noticed on the TomTom site that they have released the Single Country Maps on SD card. Prices start at 99Euro's.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessory.php?ID=89&Product=72&Category=&Context=1&Language=1&Tab=0
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Maps Released Reply with quote

PJEvans wrote:
Just noticed on the TomTom site that they have released the Single Country Maps on SD card. Prices start at 99Euro's.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessory.php?ID=89&Product=72&Category=&Context=1&Language=1&Tab=0

They might of released them, but the site has had that many hits for them that it has crashed. I have been told that the waiting list is so long delivery could be around the five weeks mark - if there are sufficient stocks. I'm glad I got mine from Tele Atlas, same maps once you upgrade the firmware, and same price, with 48 hour delivery. By the way has anyone noticed that Comet and other outlets have now removed the TomTom 500 from their advertisements. It did say delivery in 7 days - not any more as the launch has been put back again after Toyota bought all the stock. By the way did you get your SD Card map PJ ?
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep sure did, arrived today via UPS.

Had a bit of a panic when I put in in the TTG300, screen went blank and stayed that way. Had to eject and reset it. Connected it to the PC and everything went very smoothly, made the copy transferred it to the bigger card, installed v5.10 and hey presto it all worked. Laughing

I must admit when I saw the cards on the TT site I was tempted to send it back and order one from them. After what you've just written glad I didn't.
If them releasing the SD card has caused the system to crash I wonder what it will be like when they release the MOWE?

Have you installed your GB maps on the same card as the France map? Is it just a case of copying all the files accross or do you have to do something different because there are two maps on the card?
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have put the GB map on the same card as the France Map, and yes it runs without any problems. When you are copying to same card with one map already installed everything runs like clockwork until the final bit of copying. At that point you get a prompt that states "files of this name already exists do you wish to replace this file with one of the same name". In fact there are two files one named itn and the other TomTom-cfg I think it was called. Just click yes to all and the transfer completes with no problems whatsoever. By the way PJ once you had removed the seal from the plastic casing you could not have returned the map to Tele Atlas - see T&Cs. Anyway why return the map, the one you have is just the same map once you upgrade the firmware to 5.10
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:
By the way PJ once you had removed the seal from the plastic casing you could not have returned the map to Tele Atlas - see T&Cs. Anyway why return the map, the one you have is just the same map once you upgrade the firmware to 5.10

Thanks for that, I'll have a go this afternoon.

The old map from Tele Atlas arrived about half an hour after I noticed the new maps on the TT website. When they arrived it was only a brief thought about returning them before I'd even opened the envelope. It was more a case of ' Oh I could have the NEW maps' But I go to France on the 17th June so it was a case of 'Forget it they'll never get here on time.' It's taken them over two weeks to deliver my external ariel !

I'm happy, got the maps, downloaded a couple of French POIs,can't wait to try it out in France now

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: