Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Itinerary - Drive bys or destinations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Itinerary - Drive bys or destinations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyfr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Itinerary - Drive bys or destinations Reply with quote

I am trying to plan a round trip to multiple destinations using the itinerary. I use Home as the start and Home as the final destination and if I put all the other destinations in it plans the route to the first one. If I change them all, apart from the final Home one, to drive bys so that I can see the full mileage and route I get an error message "No route found". In fact it only allows two drive bys before giving me the error message. Why is that? Isn't it possible to do what I want to do?

If I just leave them all in as destinations will TT automatically select the next one when I reach the first one?

I hope all this makes sense. Confused
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did the same, planned a round trip from "home" via six waypoints back "home". Works without a hitch... Not sure what your problem is, maybe not enough RAM?

(the only funny thing is that the route demo starts with "You have reached your destination" :D

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
andyfr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2210 and have just checked the RAM, in the Main memory there is 14.84MB free with TT running, on the CF card 380.52MB free.

Do you have your waypoints as Destinations or Drive Bys? Do you click on Plan or Navigate? I have tried a combination of these and the best I can get is to navigate to the first destination. What will happen when I get to the first destination, will TT automatically navigate to the next one?

Seems strange that it's not possible to plan a round trip with six destinations with probably a total distance of less than 1000 miles. Confused

This is what I did. In Itinerary I added an address as a Destination and then added the other destinations in order with home as the final destination. Then clicked on Plan, I chose Home as Departure, this just takes me to the first destination. If I click on Navigate it does the same. If I change them to Drive bys (apart from the final destination) that's when I get the error. How did you do your itinerary?
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you start your trip by setting your first destination (Don't set HOME as as a starting point ) as a drive by then keep adding futher destinations the same way THEN set home as the destination ..then tap plan or navigate.. you will then get the "use this location for the departure" box ...Select "Home Location" and that should be it Exclamation
Dave
andyfr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

Just tried that and started from scratch doing exactly what you said. It got to about 400 miles to go and came up with the error message No route found.

Looks like I will just have to navigate to each destination in order manually. Crying or Very sad
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it with 3 or 4 stops close to home make sure they are all drive by's except the last one Home
Dave
andyfr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it with three drive bys doing a total of less than 100 miles and still got the same error. Sad

Andy.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason you get the Error message "No Route Found is caused by one or more of you drive by's being off the road. I use the Itinerary to get to 6 - 8 Sainsbury's stores, some of which the road stops before you get into the car park, if you select the car park as your drive by point it will give you the error because TT can't find the location on the map.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't suggest anything else to help Sad I have just used the Itinerary screen map tab to plan a random route by tapping and holding on the map and choosing the "add to itinerary" option from my home location to perth and kinross and back home with 9 drive bys ,a total of 998 miles without a hitch also on a 2210 and ttn3

Dave
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you, have just done one using current location then to Sale in Cheshire, Forest lane in Worksop Notts, Hillingdon Middlesex, St, Johns Rd Isleworth, Bournemouth University. then home.
Worked no problems. Removed Bournemouth Uni and added Sainsbury's Castle Point and got the error, because Sainsbury's Castle Point in not on the map, the road ends before you get into the car park.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
andyfr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh! Rolling Eyes Graham, you might just have something there. My Home location is on an unnamed road as we live out in the sticks. The battery in my PDA is nearly flat so I will wait until I get home and try it using the nearest major road.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyfr wrote:
Ahhhh! Rolling Eyes Graham, you might just have something there. My Home location is on an unnamed road as we live out in the sticks. The battery in my PDA is nearly flat so I will wait until I get home and try it using the nearest major road.

I also live in the sticks ,the nearest council road is 200 mtres away through the fields .Although I set my home location at the house it does not recognize it at such until I get to a point on the road its self
Dave
andyfr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

It's strange that it allows navigating to or from an unnamed road home location but not in an itinerary. Confused
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes some sense. When you plan a "normal" route to a destination on a private road it will also tell you "You have reached your destination" at the end of the public road, but will continue to guide you to the final destination.

Sounds like that's something TomTom will need to fix in a follow-up build.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for navigation purposes ttn3 fixes your position to the nearest distance from your house to a place on the map that it has in its data base .where it announces "you have reached your destination"

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: