Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Continental Maps in June - what poor after sales.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Continental Maps in June - what poor after sales.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Continental Maps in June - what poor after sales. Reply with quote

I had more or less settled on the TomTom Go 300 as my preferred product choice. However, my main reason for buying now is a forthcoming French touring holiday, and guess what? street level mapping for Europe according to TomTom website is not available until June. How on earth can you buy such a product on some vague promise that you might be able to obtain the maps you need at some point in the future. If I buy now then the maps are not available by the end of June my money will have been wasted and I will have to resort to paper maps. What a strange way to run a company and what poor after sales. What do others think?
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait till your holiday, and if the maps are available then buy the TomTom If not just buy something that suits your needs, but If the maps aren't ready they aren't ready, what do you expect them to do?
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayd wrote:
maps aren't ready they aren't ready, what do you expect them to do?

I expect them not to preannounce a product that they cannot deliver, causing all previous versions that did work to disappear from the shelves. I have a friend who bought a GO 300 specifically for a French holiday and is leaving tomorrow without the maps despite the fact that the product literature he got with the product said that French maps were available.
I also expect them to show the slightest interest in the fact that they are p******g off customers left right and centre with their arrogant attitude and their non-existent customer support and information.
jayd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but what else do you expect them to do?? Wink Only kidding I understand your sentiments but this forum has become a Haven for bitching in the last few weeks, so I was just trying to get another outlook on things.
WafuDude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my Maps of Western Europe upgrade 3 weeks ago. The payment was authorised and yet every time I look at my status it simply says "Authorised - Warehouse". I know that they have stated a 5 week delivery but surely it cannot take them that long to find it on the shelves. They could have walked the product to me in this time. To cap everything, I only ordered the upgrade for the functionality of the Postcode search. Now I am told that this is not actually part of the maps but that the postcode files will work with the old maps. Three weeks ago I was of the opinion that I was dealing with a customer orientated company and was happy to pay - Now I can assure TomTom that if I could find those files I would happily cancel my order.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the heck do they sell TTG 300 in France? Without maps?
stix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order placed a week ago is also still stuck at "warehouse". I was hoping to have the maps with me by now.....

They must have a bloody big warehouse Rolling Eyes
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you saying that with the order of Maps of Western Europe Upgrade

a -- the maps of France will not be available till June ??

b -- the delivery time for the upgrade has now moved to June??

My order was placed in April and I received a mail saying they would be available in week 20 --- and I thought that would be week starting 16th May -- or have I been conned??

Looking at my ordered items the order is still in the Warehouse - payment authorised and taken !!!

My major concern is the maps of France!!!!!
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the information on the TomTom website states end of June, I also spoke to TomTom (continental call) Friday afternoon 20th May, and the CS rep confirmed HOPEFULLY the end of June. Make of that what you will. I cannot risk it as I go the day after, so will have to buy either the NavMan Premium or the Mio 269 - that's another sale TomTom have lost - ah well easy come easy go.
Matello
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What a strange way to run a company and what poor after sales. What do others think?

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I thought.
It's strange to release a product ,remove all previous versions from shelves but not make accessories like other maps available.

Quote:
How the heck do they sell TTG 300 in France? Without maps?[

If you go onto google and search for "TomTom Go 300 Carte de France" you will see the websites of French companies that sell the TTG 300.
As standard the product (in France) comes with the French maps because you are buying it in France.

Kinda wished I had thought of this a few weeks ago before I ordered my TTG 300 in the UK.
Instead I would nave ordered it from France because it's the French maps I need more than the UK ones.
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Instead I would nave ordered it from France because it's the French maps I need more than the UK ones..

The single country maps on SD card should be available on the TomTom site from next week, I too need the France map for a trip in June. I would have prefered to buy the complete MOWE but looks like I'll have to go for the SD card.
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJEvans wrote:
Quote:
Instead I would nave ordered it from France because it's the French maps I need more than the UK ones..

The single country maps on SD card should be available on the TomTom site from next week, I too need the France map for a trip in June. I would have prefered to buy the complete MOWE but looks like I'll have to go for the SD card.

Well that's something then if the info is correct. However, how much are the single country maps on SD card? It really is poor having to buy a product with no pricing available for pretty fundamental accessories such as extra maps. It may well be a good product but the after-sales seem pretty woeful to me - I may just hold off and have a re-think on TomTom. After all the NavMan iCN 510 is not a bad product either and can be purchased as a Premium Edition with all the European Maps included
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WafuDude wrote:
I ordered my Maps of Western Europe upgrade 3 weeks ago. The payment was authorised and yet every time I look at my status it simply says "Authorised - Warehouse". I know that they have stated a 5 week delivery .

Can any one point me in the direction of where TomTom has said 5 week delivery...
I have seen it mentioned in Forums - such as this - but I didn't think this was (is) an official arm of TomTom...

If it is Tom Tom Policy -- my maps should have been here last week !!!!

My status is the same ad Wafu -- Stuck in the warehouse... Twisted Evil
donya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fibre wrote:
WafuDude wrote:
I ordered my Maps of Western Europe upgrade 3 weeks ago. The payment was authorised and yet every time I look at my status it simply says "Authorised - Warehouse". I know that they have stated a 5 week delivery .

Can any one point me in the direction of where TomTom has said 5 week delivery...
I have seen it mentioned in Forums - such as this - but I didn't think this was (is) an official arm of TomTom...

If it is Tom Tom Policy -- my maps should have been here last week !!!!

My status is the same ad Wafu -- Stuck in the warehouse... Twisted Evil

Go to :
http://www.tomtom.com/shop/upgrade.php?action=go
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I think I am going to have to GO (pardon the pun) with NavMan. TomTom sales do not respond to emails and with only five weeks left to my Continental holiday I cannot risk being left without MOWE. I know someone personally who has set off yesterday on a holiday in France with paper maps. The only reason for him buying a GPS system was for continental holidays, much the same as myself. He said to me before he went that he is going to try to return it when he gets back as he has no other use for it, and as he isn't able to use it abroad then he has in effect wasted his money.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: