Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - installing camera database ??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

installing camera database ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajpepe72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: installing camera database ?? Reply with quote

Hi, ive just bought a aximX50 pda and have installed tom tom 3 which is working fine, what i want to know is can i just download the speed camera database onto my pda and it will work or is there another program i have to install to allow tom tom 3 to interface with the database ?
any help gratefully recieved.
thanks
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to download the camera database and load the OV2 and BMP files in the map folder on your storage card along with any other POIs you may have. You will also need to load some software which will indicate when you approach the POI. The one many use (including me) is CheckPOInt v2.0.2, which is free and can be downloaded from this site. It is a good piece of software. There ate plenty of instructions if you do a search. You will also need to download a few voice files for the warnings - they are also readily available from threads on this site about the subject.

Regards,

Steve
ajpepe72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, installed poiedit checkpoint and have got speed cameras on map but no warning of any kind, do the voice warnings for cameras come on the speed camera database download or are the voice warnings installed separetely ? If so where could i find them and are they just copied into the map folder ?
Many thanks
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here for sounds. They can be stored anywhere - I put them in a folder on my SD card. Follow the Checkpoint instructions on this site to see how to set up. Basically, start Checkpoint, click on the icon in the bottom right corner and look at General settings and Overlay settings. All quite self expanatory really.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: