Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq2210/TT3 loses BT Connection ?? Save my sanity
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq2210/TT3 loses BT Connection ?? Save my sanity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Ipaq2210/TT3 loses BT Connection ?? Save my sanity Reply with quote

I thought I had this one sorted , but its now driving me mad. Every time I think I am starting to get to grips with PPC there is another challenge.
My Problem.
I have a 2210 ROM 1.10 , SysOn BT GPS Plus and Tom Tom 3 version 3.07.
I recently had a problem where the PDA would no longer connect via Activesync, no problem I thought , I have a backup ,so I did a hard reset created a new Active sync partnership and did a restore.
First problem after the restore the PDA hangs at the white start screen, couldnt clear it so did another hard reset and this time did not restore but added everything manually.
Now the problem with Tom Tom
The PDA hooks the GPS and everything works fine.
Heres the rub, if you leave the PDA and the GPS stationary the two stay hooked for ever.
If you are moving the GPS will unhook about every 2 - 3 minutes. If you tap the shortcut it will hook again and work for another few minutes. It is almost as if as soon as the PDA starts to process the map data the BT connection is lost.
Other setting details on the GPS status settings tab the SysOn BT GPS isnt listed so I have it set on Tom Tom wireless GPS and BT serial Port Com 8.
The maps are stored on a 256 GB SD card. I tried a colleagues Tom Tom BT unit and it appeared to work OK , he also acquired my BT and it appeared to be OK on his Loox 720.
Tom Toms advice is to let the BT module run flat then it will need to be repaired etc and should clear any bad setting it has acquired ??
Everything used to work fine, what did I do wrong?

Please help if you can , thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a CF card, move all your map data to that and your problems will be over. This is a well known issue with the 2210 when using BT GPS and storing maps on SD.
doddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren , that was quick!

Thanks for the advice I have a CF card , its big enough for the UK maps at least, I will try it and let you know.
doddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren you are a star, I did what you suggested and I managed to find my way home.
I have already passed on your advice aswell to a similar sufferer on the HP IPAQ forum.

Thanks again and keep up the good work

PD
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help, the 2210 is a great PDA, you can still use the SD for all other data storage just not maps. This only occurs when you use SD and a BT GPS, if you use a wired GPS mouse or CF GLS then the problem doesn't manifest itself.
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, I'm about to install TT3 alongside CP5 on my 2210. I intend to use a seperate CF card from the one I use when using CP5. Just to keep it clean. Looking at the problems Doddy had and I have had similar before attching my Fortuna Clipon BT AND having read the large variety os solutions "deleting ~ file etc etc. It struck me that your advice is pretty straight forward and obviously works.

I really want to try TT3 having invested the money, although I still find CP5 Ok despite the various debates. I'm assuming I should just give it a go but CP5 alongside TT3? Any tips/problems?

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems running the two at all except for the age old issue of TomTom3 hogging the BT Com Ports, see this guide for an explanation and the workaround.
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, knew I'd seen it somewhere. Thanks Darren.

I'll still end up using CP5 most of the time because of the PC planning bit but the additional choice of TT3 ....well...why not I guess

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: