Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Did the dealer screw up?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Did the dealer screw up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scruge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Did the dealer screw up? Reply with quote

I exchanged my icn510 today because the LED on the front wouldn't turn off. To make things easy the dealer just exhanged the unit rather than all the accesories. I tried my SD card which had been setup on the old and it worked fine on the new unit.
Now I'm wondering because the dealer didn't exchange the US map CDs included with the icn510 if my registration is messed up now. I was under the impression the maps are registered to the unit. Will my orginal maps CDs work with the replacement unit even though they were registered with the first unit?
ShirleyTemple
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer should be yes.........

I exchanged my European Edition 510 (unit only) with another unit from a new unopened box and my European Maps load with no problems at all.

If that's any help.
djmek
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Did the dealer screw up? Reply with quote

Scruge wrote:
I exchanged my icn510 today because the LED on the front wouldn't turn off. To make things easy the dealer just exhanged the unit rather than all the accesories. I tried my SD card which had been setup on the old and it worked fine on the new unit.
Now I'm wondering because the dealer didn't exchange the US map CDs included with the icn510 if my registration is messed up now. I was under the impression the maps are registered to the unit. Will my orginal maps CDs work with the replacement unit even though they were registered with the first unit?

When I installed service pack 2 yesterday and was connected to the internet it asked me for my registration details. I had registered my original unit to navman but not the replacement. I called them and was told its perfectly ok and when you are connected to the interent navman will show you what you have registered, once you resend your details, as it did no problem. So i would say 99.99% it will work fine.
Preference for Motorways & Freeways...More Often......Maximum Right.
Preference for Urban Roads
Griff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

service pack two??? cant find that on the navman website how do you find it?
Thanks
djmek
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry missed the number 1 when typing
Preference for Motorways & Freeways...More Often......Maximum Right.
Preference for Urban Roads

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: