Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mapsonic & Speed cameras appeal.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapsonic & Speed cameras appeal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomoremaps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Mapsonic & Speed cameras appeal. Reply with quote

Hello all. I've tried the instructions to convert the database for mapsonic but am having various issues. Have downloaded the _sc database, i don't know which app. to use to open the file to extract the icons. I can't install the PoiEdit app because I don't have a new enough xml version to do so, and the list goes on.
If anybody has succesfully managed to convert these files suitable for use with the mapsonic/palm variant, please could I have a copy? I'd be most grateful.

john@mostynst.wanadoo.co.uk
Cob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent you a set which work OK on my Tungsten e.
nomoremaps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Mapsonic/Speed Camera POI sync problem Reply with quote

Having kindly been sent the speed camera POI database and following the instructions to get them loaded, i can't seem to be able to move them onto the pda. They show up on the map in mapstore on the PC ok but i cant get them anywhere near the PDA. Anybody else experienced this? I have a zire 72.
Cheers
nomoremaps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up...

I am using a full UK map as installed on my 128mb SD card which was supplied with the kit. I don't have a map stored on the PDA memory as there isn't anywhere near enough space, so i haven't bothed. Does the map need to be installed on the PDA memory, with the POI databases also stored and attached to the map on the PDA memory in order for it to work?
It would seem to make sense if this is the case.
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the map on a memory card and the POI files are on the PDA along with the Mapsonic application. Sorry to ask the obvious question but when installing the POI files into Mapstore did you say you wanted to copy them to the PDA and assuming you have then have you synchronised your PDA to transfer them (check in Palm Desktop to see if they are still in the Install box).

Finally on the PDA check to see that they are listed within the list under either "Display POI" or "POI Alerter"

Hope that helps
nomoremaps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know, I tried all that last night and again this morning on a different PC when I got to work and i had no success whatsoever. I'd given up on it (i bought the thing to navigate me around the uk after all, so i wasnt worried about the camera finding aspect). I just gave it one last bash using exactly the same method as i had previously, (and as you had described elan2s) and it worked.
i haven't got a clue how or why it's done this, but it seems to have worked now.
CHeers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: