Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mitac mio 168 or ipaq 1710 bundle?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mitac mio 168 or ipaq 1710 bundle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: mitac mio 168 or ipaq 1710 bundle? Reply with quote

Smile hi all, i am looking for a pda with gps. i only need that for gps work only so i am not particular about pda's other functions.
and i have a limited budget!
i was looking at acer n35 early and gave it up due to my reservations about the destinator in it. Sad ( i admit at least two people here have said it is ok!).
now i am left with ipaq 1710 with tt3 bundle offered cheap (though about 30-40 £ above acer) and mitac mio 168. i found that copilot with mio 168 is attractive but too costly for me. Sad
then there is this site which offers mio168 without the gps software.
i searched for mio with tt3 but seem rather rare!
can some one please give advice please? thanks. Smile
ianr17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning gune, have a look here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18299
I asked a similar question...

here http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/search.php?PHPSESSID=feb61ad769706106cc1867512d9843dc&search=mio168
but they have no stock or here http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=MIO168UK again no stock.. Sad

Ian

ps i have the mio168...very good
Tigra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Mio 168 and TT3 Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just bought Mio 168 with TT3 and 256SD card bundled from Globalpositionings (mentioned a lot here........ brilliant service). I also paid the extra £25 to have the software installed and the first GPS fix set up as I read about loads of people having problems with it.
It's great both on GPS and PDA side and to have these two functions for the money is brilliant. My son who is not easily impressed was! But he gave me a few tips tho'
Don't let the battery go from flat to dead, it doesn't have a back up battery and he tells me it will delete installed programmes and data if you do that. The manual says you have 72 hours to recharge after it goes flat.
Don't leave programmes running, easy to do if you assume that if you can't see it it's not there. Go into settings tab and stop programmes you've finished with. I'm new to pocket PC progs, having only used Palm stuff.
Take out SD card when not using maps.
So far I love it!
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would also recommend the Mitac 168 as it is more portable as the receiver is attached to the PDA. The Mitac also has more memory which can come in handy if you want to install any other applications onto the PDA memory. Tigra is correct don’t let the PDA go flat or you will watch all your data disappear, remember to close down applications on the PDA to free up the memory. We also do a installation and telephone technical support for customers who are new to the PDA/GPS market.
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be a stupid question but the Mio does work out of the car doesn't it?

The Ipaq bundle went back as it had to be powered up to wit the cigar lighter to actually have GPS working

(it also crashed a lot and ran out of memory all the time)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanK wrote:
May be a stupid question but the Mio does work out of the car doesn't it?

The Ipaq bundle went back as it had to be powered up to wit the cigar lighter to actually have GPS working

(it also crashed a lot and ran out of memory all the time)

It does, the GPS is integral to the PocketPC and it will run on internal batteries.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: