Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - recomend a ipaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

recomend a ipaq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scaffman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: recomend a ipaq Reply with quote

hi

im looking to get a ipaq and car gps set up {jacket or mount}

i want wi-fi, bluetooth, sat nav etc

ive looked on ebay, but its a nightmare because some list the features and some dont.

i find there are so many models, is there a spec site for ipaqs so i can narrow down my search

is a jacket as good as a seperate gps receiver, as its for my car i dont really want loads of cables everywhere,

is a powerd mount a good option, or a mount with a receiver built in

just asking what i should be looking for, re the model and mount etc

thanks

scaffman
Ledantou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the HP website for ipaq specs and current models
EvilTwin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look here: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF02a/21675-21679-21679.html
rural1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: For you info Reply with quote

We have been using the jackets "CoPilot" for 4 years - they do allow for extra expansion and provide good protection for the Ipaq (ours have been dropped many times and still keep going). The jackets do make the Ipaq a bit bulky however if you intend to use it in the field and have the spare $$$ for the 55xx series - if you can still find one (the only Ipaq models that still suit the jacket) then get it.

If you are going for the car option only then the jacket really doesn’t offer a great benefit, you also have a larger range of Ipaq's to choose from.

After the ROM problem (now fixed with ver 1.00.14) with hx2110 (has SD CF and blue-tooth - no WI-FI)we have 10 units running with both the Pretec LP GPS (4)and the BC307 GPS(6)

The ARKON powered PDA mount is great the window mount allows you to locate the GPS in the optimum and secure location and apart from a power cord to you lighter all connections are done via the mount (you may need an external antenna for better reception)

The built in speaker/amplifier in the ARKON is a must as these new Ipaq's have a pitiful speaker built in and if using street level mapping software you just won't hear the directions over the road noise.

If you want the WI-FI try the hx2700.

Hope this helps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: