Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I want a GPS to do it all, is there one?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I want a GPS to do it all, is there one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltabout
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: I want a GPS to do it all, is there one? Reply with quote

I would like to buy a GPS system, which meets my needs, and I would like some advice before I part with my cash.
So here goes..
1. I work in the North Midlands and the North driving to often out of the way places which often are not on maps, I will almost always know the postcodes, I drive different cars so will need something transferable.
2. I spend a lot of time in and around London hotels and bars, often walking back to the hotel from a bar!
3. At weekend me and the kids walk climb and mountain bike, often in places which don’t have roads normally towards a pub for lunch and back home on the bike after a pint.

Is there a system which works in the car on the bike and in the pocket?
Does this system work with OS grid references and road maps?

Is this too much to ask for?

Any Ideas
Nick
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you already know that no single solution will do all that you wish. But the good news is that TomTom v5 for PPC has UK Post Code lookup and alos has a pedestrian mode so that's wishes 1 and 2.

If you add Memory-Map you'll have wish 3 covered.

You'll need a suitable PocketPC (you may wish for a watrproof case for the walking and mountain biking), a Bluetooth GPS (Go for one of the new SiRF III's), TomTom Navigator 5 for PocketPC and Memory-Map with the OS maps you desire.

All have been reviewed here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: