Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - DGPS with Leadtek 9537
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

DGPS with Leadtek 9537

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeywill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: DGPS with Leadtek 9537 Reply with quote

Has anybody had experience using the Leadtek 9537 Bluetooth GPS receiver in differential mode?

I have tried sending RTCM SC104 format corrections over bluetooth, but the unit continues to return the $GPGGA string as a single-point (non-differential) solution.

I believe that the sirfstar II chipset does support DGPS operation, but am unsure whether or not this function has been implemented by Leadtek.

Any tips?

-W
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Crux_View to enable SBAS.

Works on my DeLorme BlueLogger (which is basically the same device, plus data logging module)

Switching SBAS on and using SBAS are two different things though - there is no guarantee you can actually see the EGNOS sats. As I understand it they are positioned over oceans rather than continents and will be low on your horizon.

As for terrestrial DGPS - you would need to know a (working) base station in your proximity...

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
monkeywill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we don't get SBAS signals in australia unless you are subscribing to a service like Omnistar.

I do however have access to a terrestrial reference station because I am researching streaming DGPS corrections over the internet.

My main problem is that my iPAQ only has one serial port, so it's either the modem, or the (wired) GPS, not both, which is why i am curious as to whether or not DGPS is even possible with the Leadtek 9537.

(i guess the other option is to get a compactflash gps unit, but I want to avoid spending more money if it can be avoided..)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: