Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPAQ 3835 and Navman SE ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPAQ 3835 and Navman SE ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Photophil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: iPAQ 3835 and Navman SE ??? Reply with quote

I am trying to use my iPaq 3835 and a recently gift of a Navman 3450 SE sleeve GPS together. They do work and sometimes quite well, but then other times when you enter a destination address and click go, it takes you off into left field, like the map cannot find the address. But if I goto the right address, it is on my Navman map, which I then save as a favorite. Now my question, I have heard or read that MS Streets and Trips 2005 software, which I have on the iPaq also, will work with the Navman. I can't get it to work. Can someone tell me how to get the GPS to work with S&T 2005 or is Navman coming out with new maps software that will work better than they have now????
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need PocketStreets 11 to connect to a different COM port. Your jacket is probably exposing COM4, or? It also has an unusual speed, namely 57600 (default for serial and jacket receivers is 4800)

Be aware that the receiver is independent from the program - you can use any navigation software for Pocket PC with that receiver.

There's always hope that newer versions have better maps. May the hope never die.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Photophil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: iPAQ 3835 and Navman SE ??? Reply with quote

Thanks for the help....now where do I find Streets 11, I have the software MS Strrets and Trips 2005, would I find this 11 at Microsoft.com?? Is this a setting that I make or is it software?? I like the Navman sleeve and how is works with the PDA, I just want another routing software to work with it.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocket Streets is not a routing software. It's just a (crappy) bit of mapping software.

There is a vast selection available - TomTom, CoPilot, Navigong, Mapopolis, PrymeNav, etc etc. - Have a read through this site and see if one of the packages is to your liking.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: