Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN 510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN 510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN 510 Reply with quote

:D Hi there peeps,

i am looking to buy a reliable sat-nav unit and the Navman ICN 510 seems to fit the bill.

My main concerns are :

1) Is the speaker loud enough to be heard at 70mph on a motorway run.

2) Does it have maps of the Republic of Ireland road network?

3) Any of you guys had any problems with your ICN 510?

Hope you knowledgeable guys can help me out!

Cheers Laughing
djmek
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN 510 Reply with quote

Jonboy wrote:

i am looking to buy a reliable sat-nav unit and the Navman ICN 510 seems to fit the bill.

My main concerns are :

Unless your windows are open or your cd player is up to loud when doing 70 its fine. Laughing

Navman UK comes with the four countries only. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and England.

We all probably got teething problems at some point, so unless your a technophobe, don'y buy one, some people had some problems with software and settings and safety cameras, but as far as i saw, only one guy took his back and exchanged it for another brand.

Cheers Laughing

Preference for Motorways & Freeways...More Often......Maximum Right.
Preference for Urban Roads
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I researched the market a lot before I bought my Navman and I think my research got me the best at the time. Subsequently prices have fallen and you can get a much better deal with this unit. You will see many problems aired in this forum but I believe you only see the problem posts. Check out the 'Premium' model which, as well as having the UK Maps and the Basemap of Europe, now also has all the European street maps as well. A great deal!
I'm hard of hearing (what?) but have no difficulty in hearing the instructions but must admit the Male voice is clearer than the Female. Accuracy in navigating is great but you need to set up your own preferences.
The market is such, though, that there are new offers coming up which are cheaper and sometimes better. Do your research but remember, like computers, this equipment will be out of date as soon as you buy - whatever the make and model. If you need it now buy it now. 8)
cactusgreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:

I'm hard of hearing (what?) but have no difficulty in hearing the instructions but must admit the Male voice is clearer than the Female. Accuracy in navigating is great but you need to set up your own preferences.

If you can stand the accent and the few odd items - the male US is the loudest one I find. Discovered that if you follow the instructions on the Navman site to set up a new SD card you get all the language files.

One favourite is when you approach a roundabout the US voice announces....."at the turn circle take...." but for real fun try the Dutch one Laughing
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN 510 Reply with quote

Jonboy wrote:

My main concerns are :

Cheers Laughing

1) For me it is, in fact I turn the volume down, I listen to the radio at a level I can hear both and have had no problems. Now with the window open... good luck.. its harder to hear

2) Don't know this answer

3) As long as you get it and the first thing you do is load the patcher8.0 software and update SP then you should be fine, I have had a few little annoyances, but ignore them. For the most part this GPS has worked just fine for what I wanted it for.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN 510 Reply with quote

Jonboy wrote:
:D

Cheers Laughing

Well...yes it does BUT I have only tried a route from London to Dublin and it shows it OK. However, I do have the European maps and I had to choose Ireland as a destination. Dont think it would do the same with only the preinstalled UK maps. BUT I did try it with just the UK as a destination and it would not find either Dublin or Cork. Confused Again, if you buy the Premium edition which has all of the EU maps available, then I guess it would include Eire.

So I guess that is your answer. No with only the UK maps and Yes with the EU maps.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, yes, the UK and ROI counts as one region, as can be seen here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: