Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 230 looses pairing to laptop after i power off
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

230 looses pairing to laptop after i power off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychoholica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: 230 looses pairing to laptop after i power off Reply with quote

I using my 230 with my smartphone and my HP Laptop, things work great with my phone but whenever i use my laptop i need to constantly repair the two. If i go quick-connect-->Hollux 230 it gives me an error the first time, if i repeat it asks me to repair.

any ideas?

my phone never looses pairing with it.
psychoholica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this sucks, I left my 230 in a rent a car like a dope and just got my 231. It does the SAME FRIGGIN THING! If i shut the Hollux off I have to repair it every time i want to use it with my laptop. Whats this things problem? anyone else have this issue? why o why did i buy another hollux?!?!?!
psychoholica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saga continues, Widcom 4.0 stack and MS stack both fail in different ways with the Holux 230 and 231.

With Widcomm if you shut the device off you will have to repair it the next time you want to use it.

With M$ SP2 stack if you shut it off sometimes it will come back but usually the Com port will disappear from Streets and you will need to delete the device and repair.

Trying to do this in my car is a nightmare. Im repairing every single day 2 and 3 times. I have tried with 2 USB dongles and one internal laptop BT all 3 do the same thing with these.

I could try to connect the 231 via the cable Holux makes me buy and try that...oh wait, if you are connected via serial its stupid and times out after 10 minutes because bluetooth isnt chattering.

Stay away from Holux!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: