Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera POI Install.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera POI Install.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera POI Install. Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Can someone please clarify the final step of installing the speed camera database for Copilot 5 please?

That's it, well not quite! You now need to copy this install to the Pocket PC. Open Active Sync and click the EXPLORE button. Browse your Pocket PC Storage Card and in the root directory should a COPILOT LIVE directory and also a 2577 directory (if on your original install you selected the QUICKSTART option). Delete both of these directories! Now copy both directories from your C:\ to your Pocket PC Storage Card. Once complete, wait a couple of minutes for the copy to finish, and then you can safely undock your Pocket PC.

I have located directory 2577 and done as above but it makes no sense to me, to delete the copilot directory as this contains all the map data etc. If I do delete it, I can't see which part of my PC's installtion I should be copying across.

I have had limited success with POI alerts, though all the GPS/POI data is prescent on the Mio168. Just wondered if my problems were related to not completing this final step.

By the way, has anyone had any success in getting the POI alerts to work all of the time?

Thanks guys Exclamation Rolling Eyes
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera POI Install. Reply with quote

Snowy wrote:
By the way, has anyone had any success in getting the POI alerts to work all of the time?

The eratic announcement of POIs is a frequently reported bug with CoPilot, and one which annoys and frustrates me no end.

I've reported ot officially on the ALK website, but alas have had no response.
Bigwig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a couple of months ago that I did this but I know that I didn't have to manually delete anything. When I got to the part of transfering the map data to my pocket pc, I'm sure there was an option to have it delete the old map data for you as there would not be enough room for both on my storage card. And you shouldn't need to recreate the 'Quick Start' as the orginal setup will use your new map data.

Hope this helps.
Snowy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Downloading POIs Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Bigwig.

I am now sure I'm downloading correctly and that this is not the issue. This has also been demonstrated by the fact that if Co-Pilot has to recalculate the route whilst en-route, all the enabled POIs start to work perfectly - well almost.

I've also tried using the external gps receiver just in case my signalwas borderline at times casuing Co-Pilot acquisition problems. Unfortunately it made no difference.

Still working on ALK! Exclamation
nikpro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do these have to be installed as a custom poi; CoPilot allows for them to be installed as Safety cameras?
Bazzer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Nikpro, I would also like to know whu they can not be installed in the Safety Camera file. And would you then get the 'camera' icon on the screen instead of the pushpin

Having just got CP5 (yesterday), I am still a complete novice. I would also like to know if it's possible to install the camera icons (that come with the download) on CP5.

Thanks for your help

Baz
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazzer wrote:
Like Nikpro, I would also like to know whu they can not be installed in the Safety Camera file. And would you then get the 'camera' icon on the screen instead of the pushpin

You can install the gatso POI file. Instead of selecting Custom just select Safety camera. This will then allow you to install a further 5 Custom POI's

Bazzer wrote:
Having just got CP5 (yesterday), I am still a complete novice. I would also like to know if it's possible to install the camera icons (that come with the download) on CP5.

You wont get the camera Icons as they are BMP files and CP5 can't use the. All you will get is the push pins.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: