Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator - Product Road Map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator - Product Road Map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Navigator - Product Road Map Reply with quote

Is there indication of when the next release of Navigator is due to be released and what enhancements it might offer other than updated mapping data?

I'm still running Navigator 2.x and have been debating an update for some while, primarily for the extra stability. Obviously if a new release is imminent I'll hang on.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chipfork,

We have no insider knowledge, and the crystal ball is not working. However if TomTom are true to their form of previous years then expect an announcement around the time of CeBIT, which is held in Hannover, Germany from 10th to 16th March 2005. If an announcement is made at that time, you should expect to see the full product available very soon afterwards and the upgrade version a month or so later.

You have missed the low cost upgrade from TTNav2 to TTNav3, which ended 31 December 2004. If you were to buy TTNav3 now, then you might have a reduced upgrade price. This is what has happened in the past but I cannot guarantee what will happen in the future.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just so happens I'm off to CeBIT this year so I'll make sure to add it to my list of stands to visit. Hopefully they'll have some freebies, a pre-release copy of the next version will do nicely :D

I didn't realise there was an upgrade offer running, I'll have to keep a closer eye on the web site in future.

There must be some speculation as to what the next release might offer, is there much they can actually add to the product? The only things I can think of are; landscape support, improved postcode routing and updated maps.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chipfork,

If you want some speculation as to what the successor to TomTom’s Navigator 3 will be like then have a look at the TomTom Navigator 2004 North America review, which is known as the HP Navigation bundle in the UK. In particular, have a look at the what’s new and what’s missing sections. Thumbs Up

I sincerely hope that TomTom will produce a blinder of a replacement that has the combined functionality and benefits of the new HP Navigation bundle and the current TomTom Navigator 3. A new SDK for third party development for all TomTom products would be very welcome too!

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, interesting article, lets hope they do combine the best of NAV 2004 and TTNAV3.

It'll be interesting to get some feedback at CeBIT and hopefully some announcement too.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: