Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help! RZ1700+TT3 kit. Current Speed and Compass
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! RZ1700+TT3 kit. Current Speed and Compass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Help! RZ1700+TT3 kit. Current Speed and Compass Reply with quote

Folks,

I tried a search but must be completely daft as I couldn't find anything suitable!

I've bought the ipaq1710 bundle and have seen screenshots of TT3 showing current MPH, is this possible with my setup or do I have a cut-down version. (PocketPC device, App version 4.400 (2850), GPS driver v1.20)

I have also seen a compass shown but don't have this either (although not a problem as my Pajero has one as standard!)

Seen several comments about installing POI - I find it dead easy, just copy to the maps folder and away u go.

TIA

Nige
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the HP Navigation Pack, which runs the "common platform" software, not TomTom Navigator 3.

David
tester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David thanks for the swift reply

Sorry if I posted in the wrong area then, but this looked like the best forum as i'm using (some form of) TomTom. Do I take it that what I want is actually impossible then?

Nige
rz1710 & 'common platform' TomTom
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the moment it's the right area - we've contemplated splitting the forum but haven't made any decisions.

I don't know whether or not it's possible; I don't have access to a 'common platform' (Navigator 4.40) setup to check. The features are different, though - don't expect things to be the same as in Navigator 3.

David
ADAM_S
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: HP Navigator Pack Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I too have bought the HP pack and was looking forward to using exactly the same features.

I guess this cut down version would explain why some of the plugins like Niels' postcode program and checkpoint don't work properly. They load as you would expect and start navigator, but don't interface right.

Looks like I might be upgrading to Nav3.....

By the way you can see a GPS MPH reading by going to Change Pref and then Configure GPS. Obviously you can't see the map, but you do get to see how inaccurate your car's speedo is!!

Adam
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother 'upgrading' to Navigator 3. Not only are the maps older than those in your HP Navigation Pack, but there is almost certainly going to be a new release of Navigator for Pocket PC in Europe within the next few months. It's near certain that this release will be based on the software in the HP Navigation Pack - TomTom are moving to the "common platform" software on all products, the only one now 'out of line' being TomTom Navigator 3 in Europe for Pocket PCs. The new version of TomTom Navigator for USA and Canada (TomTom Navigator 2004) uses the same program as you have in your HP Navigation Pack.

Hopefully by the time that TomTom Navigator 3 is superseded, most if not all of the functions in Navigator 3 and 'missing' from Navigator "4" will be added in - but there's no promises.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: