Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie calling - Xda2/Rikaline X7/TomTom 3 setup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie calling - Xda2/Rikaline X7/TomTom 3 setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon_Jabachjabic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Newbie calling - Xda2/Rikaline X7/TomTom 3 setup Reply with quote

Hi all

I have read with interest all that has been written on the subject of Bluetooth GPS setup snags and am now thoroughly terrified of setting up my GPS kit from PDAMods - their Rikaline X7/TomTom 3 bundle - on my O2 Xda2 (although of course I'm going to do it anyway!). Obviously things are moving fast in this area of technology, hence the new thread.

First of all, I am aware that there is a new ROM upgrade (v 1.72.181) on the O2 website, but have previously been advised not to upgrade the ROM unless I need to (and my Xda2 is working quite tickety-boo on v 1.60.00WWE at present). However I understand that there are changes to the BT stack in this upgrade which may avoid some of the bonding pitfalls...so should I install this before I start, or only later when/if I have problems?

And then I am sure that Rikaline X7 and TomTom 3 users will have lots of useful tips...

...please?

Cheers all

Leon
Leon_Jabachjabic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi people 8)

I'd just like to thank you all for your helpful advice. I've now installed the O2 1.72 ROM without incident, hope the Rikaline/TomTom3 combo wil be as simple.

If so, you won't be hearing from me again.

If not, you probably won't be hearing from me again either.

Laughing Out Loud

Leon
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry leon the xda2 is ok with the railkaline gps i use the tomtom version and its rock solid ive got all the same to do as you at the moment dont worry its very easy in the gps settings select the your gps or tomtom wireless gps in the top window in the bottom window select bluetooth gps and it should work just dont forget to uncheck receive all beams in the IR settings this can be found in the connections settings
have fun Laughing

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Leon_Jabachjabic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: akix776 Reply with quote

Thanks, mate. I have unchecked 'receive all beams' as you suggest.

Now just have to unwrap the thing tomorrow, act suitably surprised and find time to install and test...

Merry Christmas all

Leon Laughing
Leon_Jabachjabic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we're now well into the turkey sandwiches and the wrapping's off the Rikaline...

...and I'm very impressed.

The Bluetooth GPS and my Jabra BT250 headset don't fight each other (as I half expected) - the Rikaline just turns itself on and off when I run/exit TomTom, I can still receive a call whilst navving and just cancel the phone application to return to the navigation screen (but don't know yet whether TomTom will continue to issue voice commands via the Silver Shield powered mount whilst I'm on the phone!).

Talking of the mount, I found the vent clips fiddly and - once I'd succeeded in attaching them - fairly flimsy to boot. Got round that one by attaching the vent mounting block directly to the vent grille with a couple of cable ties, and am now happy that a half-decent pothole wouldn't see the whole caboodle on the car floor.

Accuracy-wise, the Rikaline X7 can't be faulted. So far it seems to maintain between 6 and 8 satellites probably 90% of the time, and judging by the passage of side roads as I drive, it's bang on.

Now downloading POISync...I'll keep you posted!

Leon 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: