Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP Ipaq 3650 with TT3??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP Ipaq 3650 with TT3??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eboy1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: HP Ipaq 3650 with TT3?? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Great forum, just found it while researching what to do about this:

I have just been offered an ipaq 3650, brand new never used etc. and have been looking for a cheap (but good) gps solution for a while.

I just want to use it in the car, not really too bothered about having a pda but it could come in useful as i travel for work & regularly forget to put outlook contacts onto my mobile...

Anyway, I am wondering:
1. Is this a decent PDA? How much would you say it is worth? £££
2. Will it work with Tom Tom 3?
3. Where can I buy all the kit from (including a powered car mount preferably with a nice loud speaker)?
4. Will I need a larger memory card (I think it has a CF?? slot, as opposed to the normal SD?? slot I have read about?

Sorry for the typical newbie style post, but I don't know the 1st thing about what I'm doing!

Cheers guys,
Elliot
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've really been offered a 3600 series that's never been used, chances are that the battery is dead.

The 3600 series are rather old - if I remember rightly, they run the old Pocket PC 2000 operating system which is virtually obsolete. There was a Pocket PC 2002 upgrade sold at one point, but it's long since discontinued. Even without the upgrade, I believe TomTom Navigator 3 will run on a 3600 series iPAQ running Pocket PC 2000.

The 3600 series is best suited to a wired GPS. You will need an expansion pack to give yourself a memory card slot, which will almost certainly be a CompactFlash slot. The only other thing to be aware of is that the old 3100, 3600 and 3700 iPAQs use a different connector to the 22 pin connector used in later models.

David
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be better off paying for a new budget PDA than getting the 3650 for free. As you need to buy add-on for it before you can use it for GPS. And you cannot run TT3 with it, however much you spend add-on for it.
eboy1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks a lot for all the info guys.

I guess it will be another ebay auction then!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: