Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Today menu / Desktop short cuts Help Plz
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Today menu / Desktop short cuts Help Plz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeOpLeS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Today menu / Desktop short cuts Help Plz Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have a H2210 running 2003.

I see the area under the settings menu which allows you to choose from a pre-constructed list, which short cuts you want listed under the Todays section of the desktop.

Does anyone know away to add things to this list or another way, either by configuration or a program to add short cuts t the desktop/today list.

Thanks again ppls
PeOpLeS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ? Smile
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please visit Handango or PocketGear - they have tons of that stuff.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
PeOpLeS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers m8. Loads of info Smile
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Spb Pocket Plus for that and many more things - well worth a look in my opinion. It's one of the things I put on my Pocket PC immediately after hard resetting - along with Resco Explorer 2003 and Fitaly.

David
PeOpLeS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW wrote:
I use Spb Pocket Plus for that and many more things - well worth a look in my opinion. It's one of the things I put on my Pocket PC immediately after hard resetting - along with Resco Explorer 2003 and Fitaly.

David

Hi David,

Would you say Spb Pocket Plus is better than Batery Pack Pro?

If you do, why do u ? Smile

ta m8
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own both - but prefer Spb Pocket Plus.

In part, my decision is made for me as I've now switched to using a WM2003SE Pocket PC with a VGA screen - an iPAQ hx4700. Battery Pack Pro, the last time I checked, hadn't been updated to include VGA support, also it insists on installing the Power Buttons application, which conflicts with the built-in support for long button pushes (I'm not sure whether that's an hx4700 feature, or is on all WM2003SE machines).

Even without these compatibility issues, I prefer Spb Pocket Plus. I find it cleaner in design and programming - if you install Battery Pack Pro, it turns on a whole load of stuff such as repeating alarms without it being at all obvious how to turn them off or configure them.

It's far harder to save Battery Pack Pro settings and take them to a new machine (the only way to do this is with a registry editor) - and I find the Today Screen plugin in Spb Pocket Plus is more powerful and easier to configure anyway.

Battery Pack Pro has nothing like the Internet Explorer plug-in that Spb Pocket Plus has, which allows you to have multiple Pocket Internet Explorer windows open at once. It's not perfect - the list of windows gets the wrong page titles on my iPAQ hx4700, but it's still useful (I must get round to reporting that one as a bug).

The repeating alarms support is not as configurable in Spb Pocket Plus as it is in Battery Pack Pro, but I find it works perfectly well.

I only have three things on my Today Screen - Spb Pocket Plus, PIToday (I use Pocket Informant 5.61) and Spb GPRS Monitor.

David
PeOpLeS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your review m8. It helps in my decision making..

Aside from the above. Surfing the new via a GPRS phone for 5 mins, would equate to how much useage? ruffly speaking will do?

Thanks again D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPRS usage is billed by the number of bytes transferred - there's not usually any time related charge. Web browsing is very variable - browsing largely textual web pages (or with graphics turned off) will not use very much, but browsing graphics heavy pages can run up a huge bill quickly.

I use Spb's GPRS Monitor to keep track of my GPRS usage - you can configure it to pop up warnings when your usage exceeds certain thresholds.

David
PeOpLeS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers D, I'll get my hands on that monitor.

Do you know how to turn off the graphic portion on IE?

ta again m8
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an option in the left most menu in Pocket Internet Explorer to disable graphics.

I do recommend the Spb products - GPRS Monitor and Pocket Plus. Like so many of these products, the unlock code is dependent on the Owner Name of your Pocket PC - so make sure you have that as you want it before starting to buy third-party software, and make sure you've entered your Owner Name accurately into whatever online store you're using.

Most Pocket PC software is inexpensive - there's some great products available for very little money (especially as the US Dollar is so weak at the moment). Do be aware that you have to pay VAT if you shop at handango.com or similar - but I find paying in US Dollars tends to work out cheaper than shopping in Pounds Sterling with the VAT included at handango.co.uk

David
PeOpLeS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello David,

Just was looking at SPB GPRS Monitor and it seems to be the ticket.

Can i just ask, do they post it to you or do you just download it off their site once you paid?

ta m8
PeOpLeS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw i replaced Battery Pack Pro with SPB Pocket Plus and i must say, i do do lov it :D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Spb products you leave the trial version installed and go into a menu to enter the registration code you are emailed when you purchase.

That way, you can upgrade easily - most upgrades are free of charge. You simply download the latest trial version and, if it doesn't get carried across, input your registration code again.

Spb's chargeable upgrades tend to be pretty cheap - I think Pocket Plus 1 to Pocket Plus 2 was something like US$5.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: