Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie, into ipaq & sat nav for first time
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie, into ipaq & sat nav for first time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Newbie, into ipaq & sat nav for first time Reply with quote

Hi, if I'm being thick then say so....but....I have just got myself a new toy! Bought an ipaq 1940 & a Tomtom 3 blue tooth set up. Which is great, slowly getting the hang of it.
A mate said I can get speed camera info from your site, but I can only find downloads for Tomtom 2. Will this work with my set up? If someone could let me know the exact one to down load, I'll try and pick my way through it.
Many thanks.....Skelly Rolling Eyes
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome

I'd start by getting CheckPOInt 2.0.2 from here. Unzip and run the file you get, which installs via ActiveSync. It doesn't matter that your machine uses Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003, rather than Pocket PC 2002.

To get the camera files, follow the instructions here - if you set up POIedit and synchronise with us, it makes keeping your camera files up to date easy. Make sure ActiveSync is running and your device is connected when you try to set things up.

Once you've done both those, run CheckPOInt on your iPAQ, and tap on the little blue icon at the bottom of the screen. You can then go through the various settings to turn on warnings for the camera files, and tell CheckPOInt to start Navigator and stop with Navigator.

My apologies that the instructions are a bit terse - but hopefully they're enough to get you going. (The smaller text are links you can click on).

David
Skelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D
Thanks David, I shall hook the ipaq and give it a whirl. I'll post how I go on.....fingers croosed!!
Skelly
Skelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

ummm!! I seem to have a slight problem with the download of the items I want on my map.

I have got software into ipaq, and have got the edit software onto the pc...so far so good.

When I try to sync my selection, I get a message of "could not create remote file storage card/.....file name_uk_mobile.ov2"

I have tried uninstall & reinstalling 2.02 version and latest 3.2 version incase that wouls sort it.....no change.

Suggestions gratefully received.....you still have the option to say I'm being thick by the way!!

Skelly
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to CheckPOInt 2.0.2 - it's not CheckPOInt causing the problem.

The problem is probably POIedit - it's a bit funny about losing synchronisation with ActiveSync. Make sure it's quit (including from the system tray down by the clock at the bottom right of the screen - if not right click and choose Exit). Make sure ActiveSync is synchronised with your Pocket PC and that everything is connected, then run POIedit and try to synchronise.

Does that work? If not, soft reset the Pocket PC, reboot the PC and try again - do not run POIedit until ActiveSync is connected to the Pocket PC and synchronisation activities have finished.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: