Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver - dead??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver - dead??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver - dead?? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Having purchased my TT BT GPS receiver September 2003 and being just outside the 12 month warranty(?) period it has decided to give up the ghost! Sad

When I switch it on the blue LED flashes very briefly and the green LED stays on all the time - until it changes red and the battery dies that is... :x

Is there any way to reset the unit or is it dead?

Is this a common problem with the TomTom BlueTooth receiver?

Anyway I am thinking about changing to a fixed GPS receiver along with an active Brodit holder so that the GPS receiver can be cabled directly into the holder and then all I have to do is drop the iPAQ 2210 in the holder and hey presto - power and satellite data to my iPAQ! :D

Is this even possible?

I already have an active holder from Brodit that powers the iPAQ but is there another model that has a cabled serial port for direct connection to the GPS receiver - 970578 maybe?

Taking a peek inside my existing Brodit active holder I see the small PCB is also marked RX & TX...is it possible to modify my existing holder for direct connection to a cabled GPS receiver? Confused

And what cabled GPS receiver could I use to connect directly to the holder - Holux 211 possibly?

Anyone use this combination or similar?

Opinions?

Are there any cabled GPS receivers that have the cable exiting from underneath the unit or are they all designed to sit on a flat surface with a side entry cable?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-
grimbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: dead TTBT Reply with quote

Alas it sounds like you BT mouse has died.

try completely flattening the battery & recharging, if this doesn't work it's dead-just like mine was.
might be worth trying Tomtom if it's just outside warranty.

there is a lot of info on this site concerning dead TTBT can't remember where exactly but use the search function.

there are some active holders on the Brodit website that will do what your after some holders have inbuilt GPS receivers - Holux.

not sure I would bother with BT again if my replacement dies, will probably stick to using my Road Angel as the GPS source.

best of luck.
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this -- it means the BT GPS is dead. It was apparently a common problem with the earlier ones.

If I were you, I'd log a TT support ticket. Even if it's out of warranty, they may do a "goodwill" replacement, particularly if it's a known issue. Even if you don't want it, you can always sell it on eBay.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: