Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ebay Rikaline & Gen Sales
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ebay Rikaline & Gen Sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ispra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Ebay Rikaline & Gen Sales Reply with quote

Beware of buying from ebay suppliers such as Gensales - I have had very poor support from them. My suspicions were raised when an auto generated email from the management claimed support above the norm. Well the opposite is true - these large online suppliers often evade the basic requirements of Trading Standards. For example, the retailer's stamp is missing from the guarantee certificate, making it it void.

And who are gensales and what is their connection with Rikaline UK? Well the payment I made to gensales was in fact to Vivo, the parent company listed on the Rikaline UK web site - so gensales may be linked directly? Dunno, but I have had no reply from Rikaline to my technical query on the failure of their X6 to perform (my second unit also), so maybe they and gensales read the same emails.

So take care and beware of ebay sellers who are selling you short.
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps here are some details from the companies House website

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/

VIVO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
230 KILBURN LANE
LONDON
W10 4BA
Company No. :04411896

Now check out the website of a well known supplier of GPS equipment, one PDAMODS...

http://www.pdamods.com/services.asp

PDAMODS
230 Kilburn Lane,
North Kensington,
London,
W10 4BA

The appears to be a striking similarity no? This is assuming your information is correct that the payment was to them? If so then Gensales/Vivo/PDAMODS appear to be, if not one and the same then at least the same group of companies.

Regards

Steve

P.S. I thought the idea of Ebay was for the public to flog things not dealer? Am I being Nieve?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of retailers will also sell via ebay because they know what their bottom price they can afford to let it go at, and anything above that is profit, and in a lot of cases auctions rise the total cost up and you can buy them cheaper if you looked around rather than buying on ebay.
o0oabdo0o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: thinktechnologies, gensales, pdamods Reply with quote

Methinks they have morphed again. I bought some GPS kit via Ebay from a company called thinktechnologies.

The kit arrived today but i dont seem to be able to get it to work.

Found directions for payment on email they sent me which directed me to VIVO and guess what, searched Google, found VIVO with same address as PDAMODS and thinktechnologies.

I rang PDAMODS but to no avail, got through but they advised i should email their support.

Got a fairly prompt reply from their support advising that i should contact seller!

I appear to be going round the houses here.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on this particular company, but it's not unknown for companies to offer different support on products sold retail to products sold on eBay.

After all, the margins are likely bigger on retail sales than on eBay sales - which goes towards the cost of support. If the eBay side of the operation infringes your legal rights, you have a valid complaint, but you can't necessarily expect support from the retail arm of the company for a product you didn't buy for them.

David
o0oabdo0o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info David.

I appear to be making a little progress now. Finally had an email returned from seller and they will hopefully be replacing the faulty kit!

Will update as needed as i don't want to give seller a bad name if they are keeping up their end of the deal!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: