Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go and Safty camera POI database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go and Safty camera POI database
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoFast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: TomTom Go and Safty camera POI database Reply with quote

Hi

Has anyone been successfull in activating this add-on on their TomTom Go?

I copied the bmp and ov2 files to the correct directory and done an activation. When maintain POI says nothing in there + Go keeps re-booting on its own during normal operation.

Any input will be met with gratitude...

GoFast.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ,ov2 and .bmp should be in the GB map folder.

I think most people have done this successfully. Are you short of memory? You may be if you are still on the 128Mb SD card and have not deleted some voices.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Go and Safty camera POI database Reply with quote

GoFast wrote:
Hi
Has anyone been successfull in activating this add-on on their TomTom Go?
I copied the bmp and ov2 files to the correct directory and done an activation. When maintain POI says nothing in there + Go keeps re-booting on its own during normal operation.
Any input will be met with gratitude...
GoFast.

What s/w version are you running? Have you upgraded to version 4.40?
GoFast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for your posts. I am running S/W ver 4.40. I am on a 128M SD but only use the various English voices 4 or 5 in all. After copying the files to the GB map Dir the SD still shows about 16M free......

Is there any order to do things when installing app. What I did was install the application & voices then the map then copy ov2&bmp's and then activate, is this the correct order?

Thanks

GoFast.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you possibly list your actions since you bought the unit. Was it working properly when you got it out of the box? Why did you need to activate the maps?
GoFast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The unit worked fine when I bought it. Then I thought I needed to upgrade to 4.40, because I saw it on the net not knowing that it was shipped already with that version, so I guess I corrupted the whole installation because the Go wouldn't boot up and indicated an SD error etc'. So I had to install it all from new....Also I am new to GPS devices...

As is now it works fine.

GoFast.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at a loss here. You are saying that the only thing which doesn't wok is downloadable POIs, which you correctly installed in the maps directory. Perhaps somebody else will know a way to cure the problem.
GoFast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

My thoughts are as follows:

1. Either the POI is Navigator compatible but not GO
2. A memory problem as mentioned before.

The latter seems more plausable since all computers tend to crash when they run out of memory. I''l try again after install larger memory card.

Thanks for all your help so far.

GoFast.
GoFast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ok, got a 512M memory card, now every thing works fine including the various camera POI's. I was also able to include the Eropian map in there.

I hope this experience/tip will be helpful to others in the future, thanks for everyones help.

GoFast.
Nazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there you guys :D

This is my first post and I am a newbie in the world of TTG. Just got mine recently with s/w v4.4 preloaded and no problem installing the "safety camera" POIs. I have a query and cant see it covered anywhere else. Hope you dont mind me asking.

I dont have any trouble "editing" the POI database. In fact I have been able to delete cameras that are not there anymore as well as insert new ones (all done on TTG itself)

My question is, although the TTG shows the icon of the newly inserted camera, it does not give an alarm warning to the new cameras that I have inserted. How can I get it to beep on these newly added camera sites?

Cheers
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choose the 'maintain PoI' and tick the box for the "Warn when......" You get to choose the sound from a selection of bells and whistles.
Nazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
Choose the 'maintain PoI' and tick the box for the "Warn when......" You get to choose the sound from a selection of bells and whistles.

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried that. May I just clarify that the beeps still exists for the base cameras but I canrt get it to beep for newly added cameras. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to this?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you added the new cameras I am assuming that they were placed into the existing database, and not into a new POI database.

If this is the case then the most likely cause of the lack of detection is that you have set them for "on route" notification and the POI is too far away from the road (or on the wrong side) to register.

Dont forget to submit your database of new cameras to the site to allow us to keep them as up to date as possible.
BanziBarn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones I added beep ok.
GoFast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am quite intrigued with this topic. If you pass by a camera that does not come up from the db, how do you go about inserting and adding it. Are you supposed to stop and lookup the co-ordinates, when I went to maintain POI it seems to want an address.

Maybe I have it all arse about face in this instance but any help to clarify will be appreciated.

GoFast

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: