Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - First Trips with Co Pilot 5 Report...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

First Trips with Co Pilot 5 Report...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: First Trips with Co Pilot 5 Report... Reply with quote

Thought I'd put this here for any newbies who would look in this forum first.

Trip was from Bramley, Hants to Langley, Slough. A straight forward journey up the A33 onto M4 and off at Slough. Good safe one to try. Worked superbly and asked me to come of at junc 6 which I ignored as I wanted to get off at 5 which was nearer my destination. Set to quickest but this would have taken me through Chalvey which is always busy. Anyways its probably 50/50 but sure enough a recalc took place and it led me, after two more smaller diverts for shops, to my destination. Impressed.

Later I went on a cross country trip from Bramley - Beech Hill. The voice struggled slightly as road markings have changed from "bear left" to marked stop junction and turn left. With no street names in some cases you would have to balance the voice with the map which was always spot on. I suspect this is mainly an issue on relativily unmarked country road type routes. It still got me there and back OK.

As I said above. On the cross country route if I hadn't known where I was going I probably would have had a few reroutes as some roads/junctions were not quite as the voice said. It was right on the map but to be honest if you didn't know the area I would say drive slower and look at the map more. As this is probably the same with most software its something to get used to is all.

If I really did not know an area I would advise folk to just trust it. The aim is to get where you're going, to the door, if you don't know the area you'll be no wiser about any shortcuts it doen't take anyway but it will get you there. Next week I'm off to Coventry area so that should be interesting.

Overall a splendid job and I did spend a few days playing with the software and the Fortuna BT GPS to figure it out first. Not a comprehensive exercise but worth the effort. Not convinced of all the features are of any real use to me but you never know and its no harm in having them. The routing is simple to use and change and although some of the extra stuff is not always intuative spend a few hours learning it and you will eliminate any concerns and which features you can ignore and stop worrying about how to use them

Its a simple to install and use package and can also provide a more complex function if you desire. Well worth the money

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: